Issue Seven of Ukulele Player is online

Pippin

Reaction score
Hi Gang:

Issue Seven of Ukulele Player Magazine is online right now. I have a dedication to Captain Google in there and a link to the UU video.

I'd like to acknowledge Seeso and everyone that contributed to that video. The UU community is tops. So, again, I respect and admire all of you.

The magazine is the biggest issue to date and there are lots of good things in it. We have CD reviews, a DVD review, interview with Mike DaSilva, and three ukulele reviews. Then, there is the Kala uke give-away. This one is the KA-FMC... spalted maple with spruce top. Sweet uke, beautiful tone, great action.

Mickey (Pippin)

Thanks again Pippin! I'm gonna sit down and read it right now! :shaka:

Thanks Pippin! I have a glass of wine and Ukulele Player in hand. A great way to end the day.

Mahalo nui Pippin, U da man! :shaka:

Terrific! Thank you! You might want to put a link in the first post though. You know how lazy "the internet generation" is ;)

Not me, not me! I googled and your page came up right away, excellent!

Terrific! Thank you! You might want to put a link in the first post though. You know how lazy "the internet generation" is ;)

Not me, not me! I googled and your page came up right away, excellent!

The link is in the sig... actually. But, you get points for the search engine use.

Pippin, that doesn't work for people who turn off signatures (like me). My friendly and selfish advice is to put it into the main text :D

Pippin, that doesn't work for people who turn off signatures (like me). My friendly and selfish advice is to put it into the main text :D

Ah, I see. I can post it in the links section if I add the link because Rayan will most likely move it there anyway.

Hob... you don't have to enter again. Once you are in the contest you will continue to be in the various give-aways.

Thanks to everyone for reading.

Thanks Pippin, what a great read! So much information!

Enjoyed reading your reviews too. The review on the Kala and its maple neck reminded me of the maple necks on the Kiwaya K-wave ukes. I actually really liked the feel of a maple fretboard. What's your thoughts on these?

When I played Michael's instruments last year, I was blown away. His Santos and Dias replicas are something to behold indeed. The projection of these tiny instruments was incredible!

Thanks Pippin, what a great read! So much information!

Enjoyed reading your reviews too. The review on the Kala and its maple neck reminded me of the maple necks on the Kiwaya K-wave ukes. I actually really liked the feel of a maple fretboard. What's your thoughts on these?

When I played Michael's instruments last year, I was blown away. His Santo and Dias replicas are something to behold indeed. The projection of these tiny instruments was incredible!

The maple neck on the Kala has a rosewood fretboard, so, the look is more like a Fender Telecaster neck with rosewood. A straight maple neck is not my preference on guitars due to the darkening of the neck from playing for years, but that is just aesthetically unappealing to me. Otherwise, I like maple necks.

I have heard Mike DaSilva's ukuleles and had a chance to play a couple of them. I really love the way they look and feel. I especially love the diminutive Santo and Dias reproductions. They have a timeless look about them. The Santo, in particular, must have taken a long time to do all of the binding, rosette and other inlay.

I love reading Ukulele Player when I travel by air. Issue 7 is just in time for my trip to Denver next week! Thanks, Pippin!

Top Bottom