Finished a custom

koalohapaul

Reaction score
I was finally able to finish up a custom. This is a curly koa cut away for a client in Japan. He came all the way to Hawaii to pick it up in person, today. Sure saved me on plane fare!

It's pretty basic.

Curly Koa sides/front/back.

Ebony head plate/finger board/bridge

His daughter drew those wave designs for the fret position markers, done in black and white MOP. Thanks to Kekani for helping me out with that one. The logo on the head plate is white MOP.

Cut away, of course.

L.R. Baggs Element pickup.

Hopefully the pictures show up. I've never uploaded anything here and I'm not too good with this kind of stuff, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 174
  • front2.JPG
    front2.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 155
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 120
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 101
Ooh! Gorgeous. :love:

That's beautiful, Paul! I love the cutaway - I can't describe what it is I like so much, but I think it's that the body doesn't come to a point - the whole thing has nice rounded curves...I love the binding, too! Very classy!

finally the avatar comes out!!!

Dude, it took me forever to figure out how to resize that picture. Can I draw graphics for the laser? Sure. Make a picture smaller? Nooooooooo!

DeG - I forgot about the binding. It's ebony.

Oh my, that is so understated and exudes such pure elegance, it's a masterpiece! The ebony with the curly koa = no way you can go wrong with it. I also really appreciate how you did the cutaway, it's the first I've seen that I really like, as a rule they don't move me.

When I get my fourth or fifth job, I'll want my pineapple in that wood and binding. :D

wow...

wow man normally i'm a fan of a really sharp cutaway... that bieng said the cutaway on this is graceful and organic and w/ that musubi those lines are just amazing and stunning....

Kinda of reminescent of a maccaferri, except good looking!!

What a beautiful 'ukulele. Looks like I need to save some money so that I can have Paul bulld me a custom.

Top Bottom