Ukulele Song of the Month, post your versions here!

cashew

Reaction score
Heyas folks, sorry about the delay, I know many of you are chomping at the bit!--

After some particularly close voting, we have a winner!

"Summer Breeze" by Seals and Croft.

Now, for everyone who's interested, please post your versions (video and audio only versions are both welcome) of this song here :) Own the song-- Make it yours!

For inspiration, check out
Chords(Just the first googled thing I found, I have not checked this for accuracy)- http://www.azchords.com/s/sealsandcroft-tabs-3477/summerbreeze-tabs-114855.html

and...

Aldrine's version (with lesson!)
http://ukuleleunderground.com/2008/02/04/ukulele-lesson-2-summer-breeze/

Ok folkies, I'm looking forward to seeing all the different versions you can come up with :)

-Nut

Thanks Seeso. You are an amazing contributor here. I try to help out but I'll never be able to come close to the contributions that you make to this board.

just pushing this up with a message of encouragement!

I'm all excited to see how this all turns out-- How's everyone progressing? I'm working on getting the riff down, and, I'm thinking about sampling/mashing up my version a little :) Should be fun, hopefully it'll be good to listen to

:shaka:

I'm all excited to see how this all turns out-- How's everyone progressing?

I've got a short "proof of concept" cobbled together in Garageband already. Now I just have to flesh it out into a full song. :cool:

JJ

Urh…
A quite horrible, rough mix
Two different uke tunings, three made-up instruments and voice. It's amazing how much reading one can get done in the time it takes to absentmindedly record several overdubs for a song.

I really think this Song of the Month thing is a fantastic idea. Really fine poaching and organising, Nut. :shaka:

Fi, this got buried, but its excellent!

I actually just recorded mine, its a lot more rough than yours :)

I like! Very cool! (and theres no way to uncorny this song :) )

Cash, your version is like all avant-garde 60's. It's awesome. Like Nico and the VU.

Urh…
A quite horrible, rough mix
Two different uke tunings, three made-up instruments and voice. It's amazing how much reading one can get done in the time it takes to absentmindedly record several overdubs for a song.

I really think this Song of the Month thing is a fantastic idea. Really fine poaching and organising, Nut. :shaka:

That was amazing. You should be on Telly, or sumfink.

Just a Reminder, Theres little over 2 weeks left in the month if you're feeling up to posting your versions of summer breeze!

Lets see what ya'll got, I'm excited to see what ya'll can do with this :)

Song selection for September is starting this week, as well, I'll pop that post up in a few.

--Nut

ok, my version is done, and reposted for ease of use :) Mahalo to Melissa for her iTunes wizardry!

Summer Breeze M4A
Summer Breeze MP3
Not the greatest, but I'm still learning :)

You've got to be kidding calling that rough, because it has such a smooth sound. It's really cool, I love it, all of it! Especially the overall Nico/zephyr/just-plain-cool atmosphere and the phrasing. It's settle-back-in-a-comfy-chair-and-go-"ahhhh" music. Refreshing, like a summer br... :)

Top Bottom