Aloha Fest in SF

I'm pretty sure Kanaka916,DHKANE and I will be there sunday.

we were there for a second yesterday. lots of people. had to leave though because we had our dog with us and they weren't allowed.

all good though, went to crissy field, then got extra spicy buffalo wings on lombard. yum.

we were there for a second yesterday. lots of people. had to leave though because we had our dog with us and they weren't allowed.

all good though, went to crissy field, then got extra spicy buffalo wings on lombard. yum.

was shitty. too crowded. had choke dogs on the grounds so you should of stayed. got an ipu an den wen dig out. i thought i saw kanaka916 (smoking?) but too shame say howzit.

Yea... was pretty crowded, but somehow I managed to run into FHS72. Probably my brown UU hoodie gave me away. Nice seeing you again, Greg! Too bad I missed dhkane.

Also want to say "Aloha" to the young couple with their ukuleles strung on their backs that I met at the Simply Hawaiian booth. Eh, don't be shy and start posting.

Otherwise didn't see anyone else from UU, but the music was nice, the food was pretty good (but kind of expensive), bought some li hing kettle corn, and some other nick knacks.

Beautiful day at the Fest. Good food and great crowd, but the entertainment was da best. Was good to see you again Jeremy. Too bad you missed Kanaka 916. He went to look for UU people, but had to leave. Funny thing though, there was alot of dogs there.:confused:

yea hella crowded, i seen jjsdad for a quick second but zipped off and i lost him. after that i was just doin demos for the nalu ukulele booth, anyone came by there?

yea my wife, kinda stepped in, but was so crowded didn't even touch any of the `ukulele. just went in and den out. my wife was tripping out on the resonators tho.

e kala mai, but i no more any UU gear. i was rocking a UH fitted and a backpack with my keli`i. my wahine worked the night before, so while i let her sleep in the truck i went to hiram bell's workshop (FAIL). I wanted to go to wayne Moniz's book reading, but my wife got up grumpy (an den I dropped her nice expensive sunglasses on the blacktop) so we just wen grind after that. We walked around couple times, but was too unbearable. super crowded and the grounds is so uneven, i almost loss my step a couple times. on the water i'm graceful on the land i'm not i guess. had two goals in mind -- books and an ipu. i only got an ipu (two actually, anybody know how to soften the small up so get more kani?) but no more Hawaii book booth this year. disappointing. seemed like more crowded this year. i never mind the dogs too much but had-- big and small kine.

i half heartedly looked for UU stuffs, but i didn't see any. but i probably not going say anything anyways. i thought i saw kanaka by the workshop tent during the slack key workshop. but since i couldn't make the positive ID, i never like chance`um.

anybody else went sunday `ukulele workshop? i was so lost.

true

yea the grounds was rough big pot holes all over, super duper crowded at the ukulele booth and everywhere else.

did you swing by when a kid with a white button up was there?

I half heartedly looked for UU stuffs, but i didn't see any. but i probably not going say anything anyways. i thought i saw kanaka by the workshop tent during the slack key workshop. but since i couldn't make the positive ID, i never like chance`um.

anybody else went sunday `ukulele workshop? i was so lost.
Eh brah, was probably me (black zip-up sweatshirt} cuz das whea I usually go smoke right next to da small CHP tent, yea? I no usually smoke whea get too much folks. You should've walked ovah and start talking story. No shame!

Jeremy, sorry I missed you - whenevah you make it down dis side! At least you got to see Greg . . .

As for Nalu Ukulele, I was kinda surprised at da tone of the glossy one in the case. Was really mellow and supposed to be one of the high end lines. Da fret inlays was nice, but soundhole ones little too much fo me. I like the headstock shape and was really playable with good volume. I tink Rick said was $699. I nevah ask about da 6/8 string. I goin try email him and get more info cause the website doesn't have too much info.

eh

affiliated? a little but not really, like i just met them on saturday so they had me do some demos on the ukes they had. the best one i tried out was the one i was playing with the whole time forgot the type but it was of nalu brand. as for the 6 and 8s they didnt have any but i can ask for you

Top Bottom