What's with all the videos?

clayton56

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to ukes and the uke forum, and I've noticed that so many ukesters are posting videos rather than mp3's.

Is this because you as a group are particularly handsome and pretty? Or is it urge to perform, or become famous?

Unfortunately I'm left out, I still use dial-up and my fastest computer is a Pentium 3, which barely runs DVD's. But I'm well covered for digital sound recording. No video camera either.

I have listened to a couple of videos, and the sound quality doesn't seem to be too good, compared to .wav or even .mp3.

So why all the video?

I think it's just the popularity of Youtube and that many of the modern computers come with webcams. I know it's tough without a high speed connection, but I sort of like seeing the people play, even if the sound quality isn't as good as MP3.

At least for me, I like seeing the way they play in addition to the sound. Just a little more interesting in my opinion.

The other thing is that there are a lot of people playing it forward, teaching others what they've learned. It really helps if you can see it. Might be time for broadband, even your PIII (I have one, a laptop, in the closet) can do broadband ok. Mine was great on wireless til the card quit working.

I like the videos because I have made friends here on this site - I enjoy watching my friends play because I can put faces as well as voices to the personalities I normally just see in print.

I always figured that it's just because YT is a popular and well-known site. You go there, you stream, it's easy.

There's not really any equivalent audio-only version of YT. I suppose if there were, you'd see a lot more people posting mp3s.

JJ

I'm pretty new to ukes and the uke forum, and I've noticed that so many ukesters are posting videos rather than mp3's.

Is this because you as a group are particularly handsome and pretty? Or is it urge to perform, or become famous?

Unfortunately I'm left out, I still use dial-up and my fastest computer is a Pentium 3, which barely runs DVD's. But I'm well covered for digital sound recording. No video camera either.

I have listened to a couple of videos, and the sound quality doesn't seem to be too good, compared to .wav or even .mp3.

So why all the video?

Because you can't see the videos at this time, I'm going with handsome and pretty! (once you can access videos, there is going to be a rude awakening)

it's because the fingers are only 30% of ukulele... the other 70% is in the eyes

For me, I like watching the vids cuz its part of my learning process. Its amazing how much one can learn just by watching someone else play.

But if there was an audio equivalent to youtube, I think I would post more stuff.

I like making music and I like making videos, and one compliments the other :D

Where did u learn about the ukulele. For most ukers it was youtube and yt made the uke famous. Ask jake and he'll tell you if it wasn't for yt he wouldn't be who he is.

Top Bottom