What kind of music do you listen to?

tad

Reaction score
I get the feeling that my tastes differ from those of a lot of folks on this board, but I was curious-- what kind of music (ukulele or otherwise) do you listen to?

Personally, I listen to a lot of indie-pop and twee. Belle & Sebastian, Suburban Kids With Biblical Names, Tullycraft, Beat Happening...

I like anything that sounds good. If it's good, I'll listen to it, everything from classical to symphonic to choral to opera, to dark metal, to industrial, to alt rock... not a lot of country but maybe some songs are ok. Favorite bands are The Cure (thanks to Aldrine for the Love Song tutorial!), Depeche Mode, NIN, Therion, Radiohead, The Doors, the list goes on..

Like I said, if it sounds good, I'll listen to it. :D

I like a lot of different music, except hit country. Can't stand it. But mainly alot of jam bands (phish, ALO, moe, panic, ect.) hip hop (whatevers on Surius) and other Rock music. Of course I lovr to hear anyone tear it up on a uke too.

just to name a few....
kalapana
john mayer
ooklah
natty vibes
murs
atmosphere
nujabes
rx bandits
soja
yui
danyo

Um I listen mostly to thrash metal and death metal. Bands like slayer testament and Cannibal Corpse. I listen to a lot of music that has nothing to do with Ukulele but I play the damn thing and I'll jam to anything being thrown down on it. I hang out with alot of Metal heads and they think I take the Uke as a joke but I'm fer real. I probably play more Uke then my metal head friends play geeeetar.

Metalordie

I'm an eclectic boy when in comes to music, but I share a few bands with the previous posts.

I'm down with Radiohead, RX Bandits (first band I ever saw live), The Cure, etc.

My faves though, include:
Against Me!, Aggrolites, Tim Armstrong, Bedouin Soundclash, Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Minor Threat, Op Ivy, Beirut, Millencolin, Streetlight Manifesto, Madness, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Ska Flames, Jim Croce, Creedence Clearwater Revival . . .

I could go on, but I don't wanna hog the board or bore you to death.

It's funny you should ask that. I have created a muxtape containing a few genres that I listen to on the daily. In fact, I have a thread regarding such!

http://misterlee.muxtape.com

haha I'm gonna keep whoring this out until everyone here at UU gets one.

I forgot to mention Bob Marley, I mean come on I've got everything that's not a bootleg, think I could have mentioned him.

Does that count the early Studio One/Ska/Rocksteady stuff? I have to say, that's some of my favorite by him... his cover of "Like a Rolling Stone" rocks my face off.

i listening everything i like... but i think the most is Rock :

Millencolin
Fall out Boy
Bullet for my Valentine
Yellowcard
Blind
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Entershikari

I listen to practically anything as long as it sounds good; but for the most part - I listen to Alternative, Hawaiian & Reggae. However - I listen to KCCN FM100 every day at work. (Makes me feel like I'm back at Hawaiian Airlines... LOL).

If you like Hawaiian music and would like to listen to a "Hawaiian kine" radio station... just open this URL (http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/asx/KCCN_FM.asx) in Winamp or Windows Media Player.

I can find stuff that I like from all genres, but my favorite music to listen to is soul music from the 60's and 70's. Stuff like Bill Withers, Curtis Mayfield, Otis Redding, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, The Temptations, Paul Pena, The Honey Cone, Betty Wright, Al Green, Gladys Knight, etc.

The Beatles
Neil Young
Bob Dylan
Simon and Garfunkel
Mostly oldies and classic rock. But also Elvis, Chuck Berry and Carl Perkins.

I'm pretty eclectic I would say. Although I do go through music phases. haha like I've been through the 90s boy band pop phase, then the 90s-2000s rnb/rap phase, the alternative pop punk/rock phase, Asian pop Jrock phase, hyphy bay music phase, techno/house/dance/electro pop phase, and now I'm in the uke island/ hawaiian music phase haha I havent gone through a country phase though. xP

http://www.last.fm/user/NERDglasses/

Top Bottom