Canadian Stawski 'Ukulele?

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Any of you Canucks here familiar with or own a BC made Stawski 'ukulele. Their design seems to be based on the J. Chalmers Doane triangular shape design except the Stawski can be had in solid spruce top models. They also have a headstock like a Fluke, sort of an improved J. Chalmer Doane. I love odd shaped 'ukuleles so found this 'ukulele appealing though not sure how she sounds. Mahalo for the input!
http://www.bcukulele.org/StawskiUkuleles/stawskiuke2.html
Stawski01.jpg

Stawski2.jpg

Ahnko,
I love the maple top and head stock. I'm a little concerned about, what looks like, a misalignment of the A string attachment peg at the bridge. What is the rest of the body made from?

This note was at the bottom of the page:

*** Please note that as of September 2008, due to various reasons including the rising cost of specialty woods, Don will be "retiring" from building ukuleles once the current stock is gone. Order now to avoid disappointment ***

Personally, I don't care for odd-shaped ukes, but these look pretty nice and I love the headstock design. I also noticed that weird a-string. It doesn't look like that on the other example on his web page. I do like that they're built in my beloved Pacific Northwest...

hm... 250-286... and that background pic.... I think he's from Campbell River.

Top Bottom