Bushman baritone

kim jorgensen

Reaction score
I need some help pricing my Bushman baritone. Mr. Bushman himself said that it is a bit of a collector's item as they no longer make them. It's very sweet and light, and in perfect condition. I have after several years of UAS madness found my focus with a very nice Kanilea tenor. I need to rid myself of a few ukes to pay for that. I'm also thinking of ridding myself of my lovely Road Toad semi-hollow bass. I practice several hours a day on the tenor and just don't have time for the bass and baritone. Is Bushman going to be thought of as having great quality someday? They really are nice.

Ebay

That's what Ebay is for - every item finds its fair price, and then some, because people worldwide who want that instrument bid against each other. It's quite a phenomenon, and great for people in your situation. Put it up there with a starting bid of .99 cents and watch it go up.

I need some help pricing my Bushman baritone. Mr. Bushman himself said that it is a bit of a collector's item as they no longer make them. It's very sweet and light, and in perfect condition. I have after several years of UAS madness found my focus with a very nice Kanilea tenor. I need to rid myself of a few ukes to pay for that. I'm also thinking of ridding myself of my lovely Road Toad semi-hollow bass. I practice several hours a day on the tenor and just don't have time for the bass and baritone. Is Bushman going to be thought of as having great quality someday? They really are nice.

On and off Bushman has been reputed to have both financial and quality problems. Whether accurate or not on the former, I don't know, on the latter, the quality was initially excellent. Then production increased and that was said to cause some quality issues. Still, I know a lot of people playing "Jenny" ukes and they love them. Some years back, that was the standard recommendation for an upgrade uke from Hilo or budget OS ukes. What is interesting is that since that time, both Kala and Ohana have come along and the recommendations have swung away from Bushman to Kala and Ohana.

As for the Bushman baritone... they did not make many, but, as far as collectible ukes are concerned, they are not truly distinguishing in any way. They are just a decent basic baritone and sound really nice for the price. Now, a Martin baritone, that is another story.

Top Bottom