Got me an Early B-day Present

generem

Reaction score
So.. I like being able to bring a uke where ever I go but I feel un-easy lugging around my Kamaka or Koaloha. So I decided that for my bday, I wanted to buy an inexpensive Tenor that I can throw in my car where ever I go and I not feel too bad if it gets dinged and scratch. Found this Solid tenor on CL for less than $200 and fell in love on just how she looks. So I went for it...

Action was way too high and I wasnt too happy with the wounded C and what I think are just regular GHS strings so Im in the process of swapping them out for so Worth Clears and getting the action lower. Sounds much better that what I expected but we will see when the Worth Settles.

Melokia a.k.a. KPK

Here are some pics

picture.php

picture.php

HAPPY B-DAY TO ME
:D:D:

Last edited:
OOoooppp..Sorry.. forgot the brand. I just edited the 1st post but its Melokia aka KPK :D

That is some awesome looking grain. Great bang for the buck. That's the most Koa looking Acacia I have seen. You gonna change the saddle?
Melokia has some additional models KPK never carried like solid Mahogany, and Acacia pineapples, just had a cautious feeling about the seller. Was it a local pickup or through the mail? If mail where does it ship from? Mahalo. :shaka:

That is really pretty. I really like that curl pattern. I think I like the ones like that more than the really deep "master Grade" curl. The cutaway looks nice and smooth too. This and the Koaloha custom that is in that other thread have me intersted in making a cutaway one day. Ive never had any interest in them what so ever before today.

And Happy Birthday To You.

Take care and have a good birthday whenever it is.
Thomas

Nothing better than giving yourself a birthday present.

That is really pretty. I really like that curl pattern. I think I like the ones like that more than the really deep "master Grade" curl. The cutaway looks nice and smooth too. This and the Koaloha custom that is in that other thread have me intersted in making a cutaway one day. Ive never had any interest in them what so ever before today.

And Happy Birthday To You.

Take care and have a good birthday whenever it is.
Thomas

Hey thomas if you have any "seconds" when you start making cutaways, I call dibs on one!

That is some awesome looking grain. Great bang for the buck. That's the most Koa looking Acacia I have seen. You gonna change the saddle?
Melokia has some additional models KPK never carried like solid Mahogany, and Acacia pineapples, just had a cautious feeling about the seller. Was it a local pickup or through the mail? If mail where does it ship from? Mahalo. :shaka:

Yea.. Didnt realize that Acacia can have this type of curl.. Got it thru the mail and the seller was from Hawaii.. Sent him the payment via paypal late monday night and got the package that thursday. :shaka:

PM me if you want his contact info

That thing looks huge, I suppose it's just the lack of something in the picture to give it scale. Is it just me, or is it odd to have a wound C string? I have wound G strings for low G tuning.... Any chance this is a baritone? Isn't thier second string wound???

That thing looks huge, I suppose it's just the lack of something in the picture to give it scale. Is it just me, or is it odd to have a wound C string? I have wound G strings for low G tuning.... Any chance this is a baritone? Isn't thier second string wound???

Its a standard tenor size uke.. I wanted to show the wood grain so I took them pics that way. This is actually the 2nd uke I got with wounded C. I really dont like them so I opt to take them out asap. Over all, I really happy with it so far..

For Comparisson, here is a pic of the 3 tenors. Funny that after the Kamaka.. I kept telling myself that the next Uke I get will be a concert but I just keep bringing home tenors :D
picture.php

And thanks for the Bday wishes.. its not till Aug 19th but I thought I'd get a head start on my present

Last edited:
I brought home a 6 string concert and I almost wish I had bought a Tenor, the frets are just that much smaller.... They are great looking Axes!!!

Yea.. Didnt realize that Acacia can have this type of curl.. Got it thru the mail and the seller was from Hawaii.. Sent him the payment via paypal late monday night and got the package that thursday. :shaka:

PM me if you want his contact info

WOW that's great service and nice to hear. I have his local contact number but was a tad leary because of his lack of reviews. Your comments are very helpful. He has pineapples in both solid mahogany, and Acacia at very tempting prices. :rolleyes:

It's my B-day tomorrow....

I think I'll check out the ol' E-bay and look for a B-day present for myself too... Nice find. I like it.

Looks great, I really like the photo of the three ukes all together, they are all beautiful...

Top Bottom