Song Help Request Hawaiian Wedding Song. . .

<~/UkeDude\~>

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone have any cool ways of playing the Hawaiian Wedding Song on the ukulele in like a solo or a duet with another guitar?
Long story short, my relative is getting married this August some time, and I though it would be cool to suprise them by playing this song at their wedding so yeah, if y'all could help me out here I would GREATLY appreciate it:D

Are you going to be singing it too? If not, why not just have the guitar do arpeggios and the ukulele play the melody?

Uhh. . .I'm not really sure, if their is singing I doubt I'll be the one singing haha my voice sucks xP
So yeah. . .but I like your idea of the guitar/ukulele duet.
It may take me a little time to figure the melody of the song, but I think It'll sound good haha, thanks for that word of advice :)

Someone should sing it....it means so much more sung. It makes a beautiful duet when done right. Do the bride and groom sing?

The Hawaiian Wedding Song (Ke Kali Nei Au) will sound better as a vocal than an instrumental. I've heard it done solo and as a duet and the duet is just indescribable given the setting. I don't know if an instrumental version is avaialble (there probably is) and would be interesting hearing a ukulele/guitar version. The Hawaiian lyrics can be found at Hawaiian Music Archives and the English version here. There is also the EP video after the lyrics.

Top Bottom