PDA

View Full Version : uu contests.

i love stitch
08-02-2009, 06:30 PM
can someone hold a contest that doesnt require singing for covers or making videos....first off, i suck at singing lol and im probably not nearly as good to be able to win by playing just insturmental....plus im a bit shy to have the world see videos of me playing just yet
i would really like to win somethin :shaka:

if there are any contests like what im describing please let me know!:D

i would love to do a contest on here ... anything besides singing!

thanks

Beetbox
08-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Theres the Legend of Ohana contest which is a 200 word story about the Ohana Ukes look it up I submitted mine.

Good luck

UkeNinja
08-02-2009, 06:46 PM
i suck at singing lol and im probably not nearly as good to be able to win...i would really like to win somethin
Don't get upset at me for going Buddhist on you, but if your focus is on winning, maybe you should just go out and buy the T-shirt yourself? Participating, for instance in the story contest that is going on right now ("Legend of the Ohana ukulele"), and enjoying other people's entries as well is just as much fun as the perverted anticipation that keeps you from your sleep the day before they announce the winners. Lord knows I have counted the minutes night after night...

P.S. There is some logo design and stuff going on as well in other contests, and if you want to win a contest on a music/instrument site, chances are your rating will go up if you practice the :worship: out of your :nana: (read: "the worship out of your 'nana") and give it a shot anyway.

i love stitch
08-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Don't get upset at me for going Buddhist on you, but if your focus is on winning, maybe you should just go out and buy the T-shirt yourself? Participating, for instance in the story contest that is going on right now ("Legend of the Ohana ukulele"), and enjoying other people's entries as well is just as much fun as the perverted anticipation that keeps you from your sleep the day before they announce the winners. Lord knows I have counted the minutes night after night...

P.S. There is some logo design and stuff going on as well in other contests, and if you want to win a contest on a music/instrument site, chances are your rating will go up if you practice the :worship: out of you :nana: and give it a shot anyway.

thank ya:rolleyes:
i will try to keep finding contests like those, ill just have to search the threads more, and as im on here, ill also practice extra extra hard...maybe in a year or so ill be a lot better, i sure hope so :music:

tripl3thr33
08-05-2009, 11:15 AM
i definitely know how you feel (about being shy about posting vids and stuff). Contests aren't limited to just UU too. One of the contests that I won was for UkuleleReview.com. It was a logo design contest and I thought I didn't have a chance with all the competition and beautiful designs. But with these contests, you never know what will happen. I haven't been on the boards for awhile but there might be some people that have a website that needs a new design. Just look around and you might get lucky.

mrUKETOBER
08-05-2009, 11:37 AM
yea or sometimes there are contests about making ppl laugh

rayan
08-05-2009, 12:47 PM
We know there are a lot of people who are just getting into the ukulele which is why we usually try to mix up our contests and give everybody a chance to win every so often.

We did a "Bling for your Thing" contest where all you had to do was hang something creative from your ukulele and send us a picture to enter.

The first one we did was just a random drawing.

The current contest is just a 200 word story.

Don't worry there will be more chances in the future, it's all in good fun.

Melissa82
08-05-2009, 12:58 PM
No offence to anyone intended here, but not all of the winner's I've seen are "good singers." I mean, their performance comes out a-ok because they put effort into others they can, like the sound of their uke, style, effects, silly little things, etc...

i love stitch
08-05-2009, 01:14 PM
We know there are a lot of people who are just getting into the ukulele which is why we usually try to mix up our contests and give everybody a chance to win every so often.

We did a "Bling for your Thing" contest where all you had to do was hang something creative from your ukulele and send us a picture to enter.

The first one we did was just a random drawing.

The current contest is just a 200 word story.

Don't worry there will be more chances in the future, it's all in good fun.
ok thanks, ill look out for those types of contests:)
i entered the 200 word one for the ohana too, all of them are realllly well written so far

i love stitch
08-05-2009, 01:17 PM
i definitely know how you feel (about being shy about posting vids and stuff). Contests aren't limited to just UU too. One of the contests that I won was for UkuleleReview.com. It was a logo design contest and I thought I didn't have a chance with all the competition and beautiful designs. But with these contests, you never know what will happen. I haven't been on the boards for awhile but there might be some people that have a website that needs a new design. Just look around and you might get lucky.

i dont see contests on that site? maybe i just have to look out for them:confused:

deach
08-06-2009, 04:22 AM
I agree with UkeNinja.

I think you are missing the point of a contest. Asking for a contest to be tailored to your strengths is kinda lame. Use contests to challenge yourself and to be competitive. Winning is not for the shy.

ogel916
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I actually want a contest that involves singing, its just that...all the contests right now require you to cover songs from the 50s to 90s, which is not my style and i can't sing michael jackson, cuz his vocal range is too extreme.

eerteep
08-07-2009, 03:54 AM
...just keep entering the contests—whether you can sing or not...
keep singin'! eventually you'll find your 'comfy-key' range and transpose your ukulele chords a'chord'ingly...sucks to play and sing in incompatible 'keys'...
good luck with the singy-sing thing!
: )
p.

i love stitch
08-07-2009, 04:30 AM
...just keep entering the contests—whether you can sing or not...
keep singin'! eventually you'll find your 'comfy-key' range and transpose your ukulele chords a'chord'ingly...sucks to play and sing in incompatible 'keys'...
good luck with the singy-sing thing!
: )
p.

they should have a contest for worse singer:p

tripl3thr33
08-07-2009, 10:21 AM
i dont see contests on that site? maybe i just have to look out for them:confused:

Oh, sorry to confuse you but I just meant contests on other sites in general. It just so happened that site had a contest going on before. I don't really go to any other uke sites other than here but there might be other sites that have contests/giveaways.