What are the best solid-electric ukuleles for ShReDdInG?

EricStetson

Reaction score
Now that I have my wonderful banjo-uke, I was looking down the road of future purchases for the collection and I was wondering if any of you guys had a solid-body electric uke, and what a good recommendation might be. I think it would be awesome to jam with a metal band on the ukulele with a distortion pedal and have it actually sound boss. So far I've seen negative reviews for Stagg, and some positive reviews for RISA, although I'd prefer a more 'metal' looking uke, like a 'warlock' body or a flying V. Is this totally out of left field or do any of you guys actually jam with a metal band with blazing uke-skills? :rock:

If you would like to use that uke with a disortion pedal and only amplified maybe you should get yourself Risa-Uke-Electric. It has steel strings, and transducers like in a eletric guitar. I tried to play on my eleuke with a disortion pedal once - but I was not satisfied with the result.

shameless plug

I'm selling my jupiter creek solid body electric!! it shreds check out the video its in the UU marketplace thread

Possibly yes! haha, no I love the thing and shred it does but I'm looking to simplify my life (cough I'm broke) lemme know what u think im interested in trades possibly

Hi! Cool post. When I was new to eleukes I search over the internet to get more information. So far, I am loving it especially when there are new tutorials. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, Les Pauls with their humbuckers are great for heavy metal.
Why not check out the Risa Les Paul model with the dual humbuckers?
They kick ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrTto-UimHg

I have one - it's one of my favourite ukes!
The one pictured in the video is a prototype model without the cream binding. The standard ones (see in my signature pic below) have the cream binding.

Disadvantage: costs a lot T_T

Top Bottom