Lanikai in the UK

B.U.M.S.

Reaction score
Is it me, or has it suddenly become impossible to buy a Lanikai LU21 soprano online in the UK?

(What is even more annoying is those sites suggesting they have stock and then once the order is placed telling you they're out of stock and do you mind waiting indefinitely!)

:confused:

This is more of a Uke Talk thread... moving it there now.

http://www.musicislife.co.uk/products.php?ID=YZQ7957gfcGGuiLGqhYYcifwWVI0dYC^0^ekRe6gyhjSVPdP-6CfYVM^83D4

that shop has some online and its in my town and ive seen them in there (but it says dispatched within 28 days :| )

Is it me, or has it suddenly become impossible to buy a Lanikai LU21 soprano online in the UK? [...]

It should be just you ;)

The following are supposed to carry Lanikai, but I don't know their stock situations.

Southern Uke Store - http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Southern-Ukulele-Store__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Eagle Music Shop - http://www.eaglemusicshop.com/products.asp/SubCatID/23/ukulele.html
Duke of Uke - http://www.dukeofuke.co.uk

Then there're the online stores from Germany, France etc. It is as easy to buy from those as from UK stores - I've done it. Generally no customs complications, as they are EU.

Last edited:
Is it me, or has it suddenly become impossible to buy a Lanikai LU21 soprano online in the UK?

(What is even more annoying is those sites suggesting they have stock and then once the order is placed telling you they're out of stock and do you mind waiting indefinitely!)

:confused:

It's not just you. I bought a Lanikai from Newcastle Music (newcastlemusic.co.uk) which was supposed to be in stock but wasn't. It only took them about 24 hours to get the uke to me though so they did a good job - I recommend calling them if you want one.

Lanikais are shipped from China to Germany then distributed from their which accounts for a slight delay if they aren't in stock at the retailer. Many places on the web say they have them in stock but actually don't, simply because they don't want to lose business.

Give Newcastle Music a call, they will sort you out.

John

Thanks all. I emailed Newcastle music and they said they had two. I immediately placed my order and then a day later got told there was no stock :mad:

Frustratingly, this has happened several times now. Tried some suppliers on ebay and it seems next shipments are coming end August/ mid September.

MusicIsLife did have them then suddenly went to 28 days.

In meantime, hoping to head to beer festival at earls court tomorrow and watch the Ukulele Orchestra. Going to try and stop in Duke of Uke on way and check out a few alternatives. :music:

(Delay has already got me considering spending a little more.)

I just found out that through this apparently very reputable German online store you can get a Brueko No.6 Soprano to your door in the UK for about £80. Link.

I was seriously considering the Lanikai LU-21C concert uke a few days ago. Now I'm all but set on the Bruko. I just saw one sell secondhand on ebay for £65 plus postage, and the German store claim to offer a 30-day no-fuss return policy and a 3 year warranty. This looks like a no-brainer for me. I've been watching Bruko vids on youtube for days and I love the sound of them. Ordering direct from brueko.de comes to about £120 with shipping.

Sorry to hijack the thread - just thought I'd put it out there as an alternative.

Thanks all. I emailed Newcastle music and they said they had two. I immediately placed my order and then a day later got told there was no stock :mad:

Frustratingly, this has happened several times now. Tried some suppliers on ebay and it seems next shipments are coming end August/ mid September.

MusicIsLife did have them then suddenly went to 28 days.

In meantime, hoping to head to beer festival at earls court tomorrow and watch the Ukulele Orchestra. Going to try and stop in Duke of Uke on way and check out a few alternatives. :music:

(Delay has already got me considering spending a little more.)

Sorry Newcastle Music were no good. Did they give you an idea when it might be in stock?

I'm selling a concert size Lanikai (model number CK-C) for £180 all in if you're interested. It comes with a case, tuner and UU sticker - very rare.

I just found out that through this apparently very reputable German online store you can get a Brueko No.6 Soprano to your door in the UK for about £80. Link.

I was seriously considering the Lanikai LU-21C concert uke a few days ago. Now I'm all but set on the Bruko. I just saw one sell secondhand on ebay for £65 plus postage, and the German store claim to offer a 30-day no-fuss return policy and a 3 year warranty. This looks like a no-brainer for me. I've been watching Bruko vids on youtube for days and I love the sound of them. Ordering direct from brueko.de comes to about £120 with shipping.

Sorry to hijack the thread - just thought I'd put it out there as an alternative.

So you were my competition? LOL! Was you bidder number 1 by any chance!? I have seen that Thomann can get one to you delivered at a great price i just don't like the risk of shipping and that so decided to buy the one on Ebay, I was right at my max bid though so i was lucky. Hope you like it when you get it, im excited about getting mine!

Oh, and im pretty sure it doesn't come with a case so i would order the cheap Thomann one just for shipping purposes.

Last edited:
No I didn't bid on it - I was just watching out of curiosity really to see how much it would hold its value.

Let me know how you get on with yours - really!

Top Bottom