Paul McCartney Uking it up on latest tour!!!

Spooner

Reaction score
McCartney Gets Back To D.C.
Posted by Staff on August 3, 2009 | ShareThis

By Laura Woodhead-Talk Radio News Service

Sir Paul McCartney returned to Washington, D.C. Saturday night, the site of The Beatles’ first U.S. performance 45 years earlier. At the 1964 concert “You couldn’t hear yourself ’cause of all the girls screaming” McCartney told the audience at the FedEx Field, who responded with their own high pitched squeals. “Is that someone who was there?” McCartney quipped. The former Beatle, who is rumored to be embarking on his final farewell world tour next year, played a 2 hour set, followed by a 30 minute encore, filled with crowd pleasing Beatles and Wings hits as well as old and new solo material.

From the upbeat opening of “Drive My Car” and the pyrotechnic spectacular of “Live and Let Die” to the somber “Blackbird” and uplifting “Let It Be”, the 67 year old’s epic 34 song set showed why he has earned legendary status. With the voice and body virtually unchanged since The Beatles initially invaded the U.S., McCartney energetically maneuvered himself over the stage. Throughout the evening, McCartney went from his trademark bass, to guitar for his own version of Hendrix’s “Foxy Lady,” to piano and even a Ukulele. Having lost none of his boyish charm, the Beatle had the audience grinning throughout his set, despite the fact that the show was delayed for over an hour due to the high volume of traffic entering FedEx Field.

McCartney dedicated songs to his deceased wife Linda as well as band-mate John Lennon. In one of the more emotional moments of the show, McCartney delivered a moving version of “Something” on a ukulele given to McCartney by the quiet Beatle, George Harrison.

Sir Paul added a special dedication to his D.C. set: The Beatles’ hit “Michelle.”

“Barack might want to sing this to someone in his house,” McCartney joked as he introduced the love song.
August 3, 2009

Uke uke a choo!

Sir Paul added a special dedication to his D.C. set: The Beatles’ hit “Michelle.”

“Barack might want to sing this to someone in his house,” McCartney joked as he introduced the love song.
August 3, 2009

Ouch.

Shut up and sing, Sir Paul.:rolleyes:

I'm thoroughly convinced that if one were to have Paul sit very quietly in a silent room there would still be music emanating from his pores.

I saw him a couple of years ago. It was the best concert I've ever been to. He didn't get off the stage for 3 hours... uke bit and all He hasn't lost one bit of his vocal range. The old songs sounded just like they did 40 years ago. I left think how much better this could be if they all were here.

But that wasn't a jab. Its a cute joke that Obama should sing that to his wife...?
:shaka:
I agree with you but I think Alan was commenting on keeping politics outta the music? Maybe? Alan what did you mean by that? Paul has never held back his political views.

I agree with you but I think Alan was commenting on keeping politics outta the music? Maybe? Alan what did you mean by that? Paul has never held back his political views.

I just thought it was a bad joke. Like one that my uncle with no sense of humor would say. Nothing political or mean-spirited should be inferred.

Top Bottom