It's Here! It's Here!

zeprin

Reaction score
Now I have to actually learn to play the durn'd thing.
But what the heck, I was having fun just tuning it up.
Though the stringage leave a bit/little/whole bunch to be desired. I'll take care of that later.
It's just a little cheapy soprano but with a solid spruce top.
Who's ever heard of Ukes from ROMANIA of all places. It does seem to be put together well. No obvious flaws. Sounds like a Ukulele. I am familiar with violins coming out of luthier shops in Romania. They have a reputation of good value for money. That's why I thought that I'd take a chance on this one.
Anyway... Time to go figure out some chords...:music:
I'm a happy camper right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360156764512&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

zeprin

Last edited:
Looks like a fun uke, play the heck out of it, have a blast!

It's just a little cheapy soprano but with a solid spruce top.
Who's ever heard of Ukes from ROMANIA of all places. It does seem to be put together well. No obvious flaws. Sounds like a Ukulele. I am familiar with violins coming out of luthier shops in Romania. They have a reputation of good value for money. That's why I thought that I'd take a chance on this one.
That's actually a pretty decent looking uke, especially for the price with a solid top. :)

Congrats and have fun with it!

I have been looking at Hora for a ukulele or three. At about €30 for a solid top, the price in nigh-on unbeatable. The only thing that has held me back is the question of quality. Sounds like I might be buying one of each of their models in September/ October.

Congratulations on your new Uke! I'm sure your Amigo will bring you hours of fun!!:music:

Congratulations! Have fun. :D

I have owned mandolins and bouzoukis made by Hora. They were made from solid woods as advertised and worked fine. For the prices they sounded pretty darned good.

My fiddle is Romanian (Gliga), and I love it.

Welcome to ukedom!

I too have a Romanian fiddle. I paid $60 for fiddle case and bow in 1988. I still play it today! But the bow was junk and is long gone.
Joe T

Looks like a great uke! Have fun with it, don't be hard on yourself while learning how to play. Look at all the resources here on UU and YouTube. Most of all, welcome aboard!

Top Bottom