choosing a concert ukulele...

zaiu

Reaction score
Either Kala or Lanikai

Out of the 3 you listed...I would go with either the Kala or the Lanikai. I have a Lanikai LU-21 soprano and I love it. I know a lot of people that prefer the Kala over the Lanikai, though. :music:

I'll go with the kala , thank you! :)

Excellent choice. ;) In my limited experience you can't go wrong with a Kala.

hey

After all of that I ended up getting an Antonio Carvalho Concert , I tried it out in the shop and I fell in love with it. Sounds really good. :D

bad move?:confused:

After all of that I ended up getting an Antonio Carvalho Concert , I tried it out in the shop and I fell in love with it. Sounds really good. :D

bad move?:confused:

If it makes you happy and you love it, it is not a bad move at all.

How can something you fall in love with and sounds realy good be a bad move?:confused:

Congrats on you new ukulele!:shaka:

Hey if you were able to play the uke and it sounded great and you fell in love with it, then that is the uke for you. Being able to play it before you buy is the most omportant part, unless there are no uke shops near you. Congrats!!! If possible post some pics so we all can see!!!

After all of that I ended up getting an Antonio Carvalho Concert , I tried it out in the shop and I fell in love with it. Sounds really good. :

Good for you. I have Carvalho instruments and think they are an instrument to keep for life they play well and look nice. They are marketed as Cordoba in the USA.
Non of the guys opted for the Tanglewood Ukulele. Is that because Kala and Lanakai are more popular choices or is Tanglewood not a good option? They make a reasonable guitar.
Lets start a Carvalho fan club!!!

: )

:D:D thanks guys.

here's a pic:

ukuleleac.png

Sweet!!

I like the name tag in case you lose it haha. :D

when you replied saying you ended up buying something else other than the initial 3 and after all the users suggestions, the response in my head was "why ask for anyone's opinion" if you buy something else, BUT, I have to say, good choice. The wood on that uke you bought is pretty! Much better looking than your first 3 choices. Also, being able to play it is even better.

As far as a bad choice, I agree with everyone else. If it sounds good to you and it makes you happy, then thats the most important thing.

Let the UAS begin!

Last edited:
Top Bottom