Ukulele Improvisation/notes to play over chords, etc.

Groovy

Reaction score
Hello Ukers :) I know the subject heading has been addressed many times but I have opted to use a new header because as time goes by, posts tend to become buried... or "lost in the sauce" as they say.... :rolleyes:

I was in New York last week-end at the NY Uke Fest and attended a workshop by Ali Lexa on improvising. I can tell you, in all my years of attending w/shops having to do with accordion, flute, harmonica, etc., I have NEVER attended a workshop that was as rewarding as this one.

Ali has a website that has the info and for those who want clear details on the subject topic, visit http://www.ukespot.com/ Be sure to look at all the links and most of all click on download and follow Introduction To Melodic Improvisation For Ukulele. You will even find backing tracks to play with!

Hope this helps everybody who's looking for this information.

Thanks for posting this -- looks like they are still developing the site, but seems to be some really useful info there already -- for SoCal people (myself included) they have an event listing for So Calif., which is awesome for me and others in this area. :D

Have fun!

amazing this helps me so much with working out my own improv because of the free backtracks of beats that are on the sight

nice catch
thanks lots
pat

Thanks for posting this up, I've learned more in the last 10 minutes then I have since I started learning how to play the Ukulele :D
This site rocks \m/

the 'thing' about it is this.... I've "known" all that stuff before but just never seem to have been able to bring it into reality... but when I attended the w/shop and the guy demonstrated and then had us DO IT... I was bowled over!

Top Bottom