My NEW Pono Tenor (Pics)

ed531

Reaction score
I got it last Friday, came with factory strings (low G). Hated the low G wound, but I kept it on figured I'd give it a try. Didn't like it so I changed it to Aquilas last night (high G).

Ukelele002.jpg

Ukelele003.jpg

Ukelele001.jpg

What an idea for a family portrait! Love your new Pono by the way. Is that ebony on the back and sides? That vine is awesome on the fretboard!:cool:

Ed, that new Pono is gorgeous! I bet it will give you a nice contrasting sound compared to the rest of your collection. It looks a little like cousin ebony has come to stay with the koa family for a while...

Sweet! I love ebony ukes.

Ed, that new Pono is gorgeous! I bet it will give you a nice contrasting sound compared to the rest of your collection. It looks a little like cousin ebony has come to stay with the koa family for a while...

Yeah, I'm very happy with the Pono. The new strings haven't sretched properly yet, but it's definitely different from koa. In a good way.

Wow, I've had my eye on that Pono model for a while. It is unbelievable gorgeous. And not too many made, am I right?

Enjoy and post a video if you can! I also love the picture of all of your ukes together. :)

Wow, I've had my eye on that Pono model for a while. It is unbelievable gorgeous. And not too many made, am I right?

Enjoy and post a video if you can! I also love the picture of all of your ukes together. :)

Yes, I believe there might be a limited production. But I think there's 2 @ auction right now on Ebay. MGM's auction has a sound sample.

I've been wanting one with fretboard inlay like that, but it's out of my price range :/

Looks great though, congrats!

Beauty, nice addition to your family.

Top Bottom