Jason Castro - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Jason Castro Plays IZ on American Idol

He's on American Idol playing an ukulele and singing Iz right now. HA HA!

Go check it out.

Last edited:
Meh. It wasn't great. It was too poppy for me. All the judges loved it. Sheesh, why do I watch this show?

Did I hear that right? Did Paula just call it a "guitar?"

Here comes the ukulele, America.

ooh thanks for the heads up seeso, its gonna be on in 2 hours from now over here, but yeah making that song poppish is bleh.

Ukulele on Idol

So i was waiting for kitchen nightmare to start, and american idol was on. They were doing the recap, ad one of the kids did IZ's wonderful world, complete with ukulele!

Can anyone tell what kind of ukulele he's playing?

picture2fa4.png

He's trying too hard to sing it, and cheating as he goes up the scale (talking about vocals here). Ugh. I can't tell just from the mp3 if he was feelin' it or not. I'd say not, but if he loves playing the uke and loves singing I don't have anything against it. He should be able to sing complete phrases though - he knows better than that. ;)

hmmm i thought it was pretty good i jus really hate how he went up hella high on that falsetto in the middle of the song, he's already singing high to begin with.

A guitar huh, guess he left his guitar in the the dryer too long or rick moranis took it to his shrink ray.

Last edited:
Thanks for that link seeso.

I thought it was pretty good, that falsetto part was a bit much though. Props for having that 'guitar' though. Lets see if UU membership spikes :D

Those idol judges are so all over the place though. They'll refuse someone the next step in the audition because they do the same kind of cheats he did when he was singing... and then turn around and praise the next person for doing the same frakking thing. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

But I don't mind him playing his "little guitar." ;)

Did "Simon" actually say.. "by Israel somebody or other on the internet?"

WTF?!

And I used to Loooooove Paula Abdul... but when she doesn't know what the hell a ukulele is... makes me just wonder what kinda "talent" these idiots think they know about!!

What "very little" respect I had for that show is now TOTALLY GONE!!

It really does show a lack of musical knowledge. And like I said, before getting to Hollywood, they'll blast someone for using the vocal shortcuts he did, like dropping phrases and using the throat to push the sound out... and you think "Well ok that person has potential but they're looking for a certain level above that." And then they'll take someone else who does the same bleeding thing.

And to not know instrument names, or names of famous musicians, and to be in the industry where that's your job....really really really really bad.

I think he was playing a Kala. Am I right or completely wrong?

So, will Jake somebody, that guy with the tiny guitar who was on Conan, will he be guest appearing on Idol? ;)

Can anyone tell what kind of ukulele he's playing?

picture2fa4.png

That's an Oscar Schmidt. Not sure what size it is though.

I think the performance is pretty good. But then again, what do I know?

to me it sounded good but they call it a guitar lol omg when will people recognize the difference of the uke n the guitar

to me it sounded good but they call it a guitar lol omg when will people recognize the difference of the uke n the guitar

they'll know that its not a guitar when that dude grows some balls and tells them its called a oohkulele. but yeah he does play guitar jus i guess they were saying it in general that he's good with his guitar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom