Question on cost.

Pygrus

Reaction score
First i don't know if this is the best place to put this under so i apologize if it belongs somewhere else.

So i was thinking about getting a ukulele for my birthday, i was wondering how much they cost, i'm not looking for anything expensive, just something i can have fun playing and will sound good. Also what kind is a good for a beginner? All hope is greatly appreciated.

First i don't know if this is the best place to put this under so i apologize if it belongs somewhere else.

So i was thinking about getting a ukulele for my birthday, i was wondering how much they cost, i'm not looking for anything expensive, just something i can have fun playing and will sound good. Also what kind is a good for a beginner? All hope is greatly appreciated.

a lot of people ask this question when they first join, i always refer them to the MU-70 mitchell concert jus becuz ur gettin a great sounding and great looking ukulele for the price which is 99.99 and cuz there are guitar centers everywhere. The next step up would always either be a kala or lanikai mostly becuz of their rep for putting out the most consistenly best wallet friendly ukes on the market.

The problem with recommending really cheap ukuleles is they don't sound so good. Once you start playing a cheap toy, you might not like how it sounds, and you may give it up.

That said, I don't mind those Mahalo ukuleles at all. They run about $30. They stay in tune pretty well, and you don't have to worry about them falling apart on you.

a lot of people ask this question when they first join, i always refer them to the MU-70 mitchell concert jus becuz ur gettin a great sounding and great looking ukulele for the price which is 99.99 and cuz there are guitar centers everywhere. The next step up would always either be a kala or lanikai mostly becuz of their rep for putting out the most consistenly best wallet friendly ukes on the market.

See, I have one of those, but I would actually recommend going through Musicguymic and getting a Kala Mahogony for about the same price point or only just a little more-- I like my Kala better, and for that price, MGM will throw in upgraded strings and a case.

Kala Spruce top

Hey...I was in the same situation a few weeks ago. Got some good advice from UU members and finally decided to go with a Kala Spruce top tenor. I paid $150 from musicguymic and it included a nice case. I have had it fro a couple of weeks and love it. It has fairly good sound for a lower cost instrument, holds it tune well, and has a nice low action. Mike is great to work with.

Top Bottom