A plea to clean it up

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Hello all.

I've been noticing that the amount of cussing on the forums has been rising. There aren't any rules against swearing on UU, so I can't do too much about it, but can you guys please try to clean it up? Remember, there are children on this site.

If you have to cuss, at least put asterisks in it.

Hahaha...the PW brigade checks in first. Thanks - and sorry Seeso. We should all have the class to keep it clean, I guess!

My daddy used to say that people who cuss just show they lack the vocabulary to say what they meant more eloquently. :)

My daddy always said, "@!?#@ people who think their language is better than mine!" ;)

*Cute FYI: I just read a book in which I learned that this type of thing:
*^%!@#!
is called a grawlix. The term was invented by Mort Walker, the artist who draws Beetle Bailey.

My daddy always said, "@!?#@ people who think their language is better than mine!" ;)

*Cute FYI: I just read a book in which I learned that this type of thing:
*^%!@#!
is called a grawlix. The term was invented by Mort Walker, the artist who draws Beetle Bailey.
Will do, seeso. We can type (insert grawlix here) when we feel the need to cuss.

Funny. I would write "WTF?" on my students' essays when they veered off topic. I didn't know it stood for anything besides "What's this for?" until I got called to the TA supervisor's office. :eek:

LOL!:rotfl:

I guess either meaning of the abbreviation would work in that situation!

Funny. I would write "WTF?" on my students' essays when they veered off topic. I didn't know it stood for anything besides "What's this for?" until I got called to the TA supervisor's office. :eek:

hahhahahhahhahha thats so funny, if I got a paper like that back, i'd be like wow thats a little harsh...

yeah that's pretty hilarious. On a side note, I have found that vulgarity is but a crutch for inarticulate sons of *!#$%'s

Another great example of the sensible and responsible attitude of the Moderators of UU.

I was wondering about the (WTF) smilie. I'm glad it legitimately means something than what first entered my mind!

Goes to show how easily unwanted and unwarranted phrases seep into our consciousness.

Kudos to the UU Moderators for nipping this in the bud.

What a wonderful place to meet, greet, and enjoy each others' company.

Mahalo,

I agree there is no need to swear on this site and yes there are kids on here as well.

Top Bottom