Anyone ever heard or own a "locals" ukulele for a CL post

Looks pretty - but with all the talk of Koa vs. Acacia these days, I'm thinking that looks more like acacia

I was thinking maybe this is the KPK guy thats been floating ukes around but the headstock and bridge look different

I think I have to agree that this is acacia. looks alot like my new Melokia (kpk rebadged)

Wow.. $489 for an acacia concert uke

I agree, looks like a variation of a KPK/Melokia and it looks like Acacia. The rosewood saddle and nut is typical KPK.

I think I have to agree that this is acacia. looks alot like my new Melokia (kpk rebadged)

Wow.. $489 for an acacia concert uke

For that price u are either getting ripped off or this is a real koa uke.

Mosas1029 is selling these on ebay, says it's "koa", looks like koa to me but not sure who the maker is. I'm sure someone on this forum will know the scoops if it's being made in Hawaii or not.

Mosas1029 is selling these on ebay, says it's "koa", looks like koa to me but not sure who the maker is. I'm sure someone on this forum will know the scoops if it's being made in Hawaii or not.

Huh...that's Doris and Daniel. Not so sure about them...they seem to sell quite a few relabeled ukes and give exotic stories for some kind of mundane instruments...MY OPINION ONLY, but I am suspicious.

I suspect the same looks like acacia not Koa and design is well kpk....I do not sell nor does Kelii do Kpk anymore due to the makers unscrupolous poilicies of rebranding and cracking issues now becoming apparent....I would wonder about that 100% made in Hawaii claim as well

Locals Ukuleles

Locals brand Ukuleles are perhaps one of he nicest ukuleles I've come across.

With regards to their construction, I've been told that they are made, at least part of the instrument, are handmade in O'ahu.

However, there is no quality comparison to Melokia or Koa Pili Koco ukuleles, especially when comparing the neck and fingerboard; the Locals are hands-down far superior, including the use of the Grover tuners. However, the bodies are nearly identical in comparison; that has me a bit puzzled though.

Overall, Locals are really wonderful ukuleles.

http://www.lealeaukulele.com/locals_brand_ukuleles.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom