Mystical Ukulele Powers

Ken

Reaction score
Since taking on the Ukulele I feel my life has gained a heavy richness. I feel more deeply, I smile more sincerely, I laugh more heartily, I emphasize more easily. Everything about life has grown significantly richer, I feel like I understand what Louis Armstrong tried to communicate in "What a Wonderful World" better than before.

Has the Ukulele worked any of it's Mystical Ukulele Powers on you?

Last edited:
Since taking on the Ukulele I feel my life has gained a heavy richness. I feel more deeply, I smile more sincerely, I laugh more heartily, I emphasized more easily. Everything about life has grown significantly richer, I feel like I understand what Louis Armstrong tried to communicate in "What a Wonderful World" better than before.

Has the Ukulele worked any of it's Mystical Ukulele Powers on you?

Its the glue in the binding it will wear off. UAS is a addiction just for this reason.

:smileybounce:

That's saddening =(. I'm just fine with my sky blue cheapo Ukulele for now, I hope UAS isn't TOO contagious.

Well, I recently picked up a vintage Martin soprano and after I'd restrung and started to tune it, I noticed the strings on the Ohana Zebrawood soprano on my desk would echo the notes faintly. Now, I know there's a perfectly good scientific explanation for this that probably involves harmonics, but I prefer to think they are calling to each other in uke language:) Silly? Perhaps, but there's something about these little instruments that has a magical quality. I know that when I practice before bed, I sleep better. I also know that even if I've had a crappy day, working on a song makes me feel like I'm at least improving in something and sometimes that makes all the difference.

Well, I recently picked up a vintage Martin soprano and after I'd restrung and started to tune it, I noticed the strings on the Ohana Zebrawood soprano on my desk would echo the notes faintly. Now, I know there's a perfectly good scientific explanation for this that probably involves harmonics, but I prefer to think they are calling to each other in uke language:)

That made me smile, what a lovely thing to think!

my ukuleles have the power to save me money. when i go with a friend to the park to jam i spend a little money for coffee at the begining of the day and then lose all track of time and hunger. as long as you can keep uas under control, it's about the cheapest hobby ive ever had. i know what you mean, ken, about really understanding songs.

Well, I recently picked up a vintage Martin soprano and after I'd restrung and started to tune it, I noticed the strings on the Ohana Zebrawood soprano on my desk would echo the notes faintly. Now, I know there's a perfectly good scientific explanation for this that probably involves harmonics, but I prefer to think they are calling to each other in uke language:)

It's like that Jason Mraz song ft. Colbie Calliat "Lucky" :D

Do you hear me
Talking to you?

I think it'd be sweet if a guitar and a ukulele did an instrumental version of that or maybe a baritone and a soprano.

my ukuleles have the power to save me money. when i go with a friend to the park to jam i spend a little money for coffee at the begining of the day and then lose all track of time and hunger. as long as you can keep uas under control, it's about the cheapest hobby ive ever had. i know what you mean, ken, about really understanding songs.

I would do that if any of my friends played guitar or ukulele, just jamming out in public sounds like an awesome way to spend my day.

Last edited:
The uke has something to it that I had not felt with other instruments (guitar and mandolin). It does have a calming effect to me after a long day.

I would do that if any of my friends played guitar or ukulele, just jamming out in public sounds like an awesome way to spend my day.

wish i lived closer. would love to jam with you.

it affects everyone. I've sat around just messing around strumming chords and progressions and my friends have said that the uke music just makes them happy and there's no way you can have a bad time sitting around listening to ukulele music. That's with me fumbling around on the thing.

it affects everyone. I've sat around just messing around strumming chords and progressions and my friends have said that the uke music just makes them happy and there's no way you can have a bad time sitting around listening to ukulele music. That's with me fumbling around on the thing.

The almighty Jake Shimabukuro called it :D

If everyone DID have a Uke, the world would be much happier and peaceful. I think that's why in part we all play ukulele instead of guitar (what most people immediately thinks someone should play, upon hearing one plays ukulele instead) we like being happy (or want to be happy) and like to spread our joy.

I don't know guys... sometimes certain chords make me angry... lol.

E? Dm7? So far those are the worst. I have no chance of playing the standard E on a soprano.

Top Bottom