NYC uke friendly open mic's....

cashew

Reaction score
I don't think they exist. If anyone knows anything that might help me find one I can screw up royally at, please let me know :)

I've been researching, and the one that I thought would be local, the venue is under new management, and, for some ungodly reason doesnt even have a website.. (gah, I might actually have to call or go down there sometime eventually.)

Hrmm, looks like I'll be heading down to the boardwalk and busking in the gazebo instead. (I'm not sure if thats open mic, or 'pay me and I stop playing' :) )

Seriously, though, please let me know if ya'll know of anything (the online resources are kinda space at the moment) that might be interesting..
--Nut

I've been going to one by my place in sunnyside, queens that I like. everyone's really supportive and nice. The best part is that since almost everyone else plays a guitar they are happy to see something diffrent. Some do poetry. Sometimes there are comedians. The open mic is every friday at 8ish and goes until about 11 or 12. The place is called "the grind" its a coffee shop off the 40th st lowery stop on the 7 train. I would google better directions, but I'm on a blackberry and I can't really. I should be going tonight. I've seen open mics all over around here. Mostly at bars. I think there's one on tues and another on thurs., but I haven't tried those out yet. Let me know. I'll check back here when I get home.

Dude...that's about 2 minutes from where I live. :shaka:

Top Bottom