G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra

Not going tonight. I don't have a baby sitter until next Thur. But I will be there then, not in costume.

I have been looking forward to this since I saw the ad during the Super Bowl.

my homies went last night and said was junk. the commercials weren't appealing either.

my homies went last night and said was junk. the commercials weren't appealing either.

I am afraid of that. A lot of tv shows gone big screen dont live up to the hype. I am still going to go see it. I loved watching the cartoon growing up. and if it suck, I will know firsthand. And knowing is half the battle.:D

Rotten Tomatoes current has it at 43%. :(

I won't be going to see it. I'm too old for that era of GI Joe. Back in my day, GI Joes were a foot tall, and there wasn't any of this "Cobra" stuff.

And they had Kung-Fu grip! :p

JJ

I am afraid of that. A lot of tv shows gone big screen dont live up to the hype. I am still going to go see it. I loved watching the cartoon growing up. and if it suck, I will know firsthand. And knowing is half the battle.:D

I guess I'm not expect much out of the movie, since the TV show centered around catch phrases such as "Yo, Joe". I just figure it would be a neat CGI fest.

Rotten Tomatoes current has it at 43%. :(

I won't be going to see it. I'm too old for that era of GI Joe. Back in my day, GI Joes were a foot tall, and there wasn't any of this "Cobra" stuff.

And they had Kung-Fu grip! :p

JJ

That's okay. You play with your dolls...I'll play with my "action figures". :p

Alright...I seen the movie yesterday. My first question is how did they afford to build all that stuff? Aren't we like in a huge recession? How do bullets shoot underwater? How does a jet catch two missiles going in different directions, and halfway around the world? What the hell was Brenden Frasier doing in this movie? What? Huh?

:confused: :mad: :eek:

My advice, save this one for DVD rental

My16 year old son thought is was o.k. I did not like it. Way over the top cheesy and a little too testosterone driven. Poor cliches' and quite a few moments that contradict basic physics, like ice floats, it doesn't sink. No way can any small vehicle move as fast as a jet underwater, the fluid friction would tear it apart. As far as comic book flicks go, this is no Spiderman or Batman.

I think this is a great movie for a 5 to 12 year old boy that's about it.

One positive note, a few scenes have with half naked buff army personel, both male and female, so there is a little eye candy for mom and dad.

Do they at least say, 'Knowing is half the battle."?

Yes, General Hawk says it in conversation when he first meets Duke and Ripcord in person. But I don't think it was said in such a way that was over the top or obvious. And how can they not say, "Yo Joe!" That is their battle cry. Just like Optimus Prime can't not say, "Autobots, roll out!"
I thought the movie was entertaining. It is not made to be a serious war movie. The special effects were good at times and horrible at other times. Baroness and Scarlett were nice to look at. Covergirl should have shown more skin though.
I went into a comic book store the other day cuz my kids wanted to get a comic book. They had a tv playing the GI Joe cartoon that I grew up watching. It was actually pretty ridiculous itself. So I didn't expect to much from the motion picture. I wasn't blow away by the movie in the least, but I also wasn't disappointed either. To each his own:shaka:

Top Bottom