Jakes ukulele case

I have never seen Jale's case for his ukulele just his ukulele. I understand its gold anybody know what case he uses?

I've heard it's a bright yellow custom Calton case.

I wasn't aware that Jake ever put his uke away long enough to necessitate a case.

JJ

Thanks guys. I had someone ask me they really wanted Jakes case for their youung sons Kamaka...I guess they will have sticker shock after they try to order one....

Yep, they cost way more than the majority of ukes you sell. Everyone wants to be Jake. Bill Tapia used to carry his uke around in a brown bag. Maybe we should start selling those. I have tenor brown paper bags for $79 while they last.

Last edited:
This is from the Carlton website.

PLEASE NOTE: If you live in the USA, please note that US Customs and Homeland Security requires us to request the SSN of the individual or the EIN of the business we will be shipping to. We acknowledge that this is sometimes a surprise for our US clients.

What's up with Homeland Security wanting to know if you bought a 'ukulele case.

Jack

PLEASE NOTE: If you live in the USA, please note that US Customs and Homeland Security requires us to request the SSN of the individual or the EIN of the business we will be shipping to. We acknowledge that this is sometimes a surprise for our US clients.

Jack

It must go back to those Utah laws.

Jack
I don't know about you, but I use my uke case to store and carry drugs/guns. :rolleyes:

LOL!!!!

Seriously though, that is a very expensive case. I assume you can a comparable sturdy case for much less.

You can get decent cases for less, I have an Ameritage case which I think is the next step down and that costs $250. The Calton is fully custom and hand crafted to fit your instrument and is made of seamless fibreglass which is incredibly strong and really light. The interiors also fit the instrument perfectly so I guess that is why they are so expensive.

I checked and you can get a mandolin case from the factory for around $585 but they have no cases for ukes so it'd have to be custom, making it a lot more expensive! Especially with the climate control options.

Top Bottom