One Week to Ireland's Ukulele Hooley!

smiler

Reaction score
Just one week left to Ireland's first ukulele festival "Ukulele Hooley" and we Irish ukers are getting pretty excited!

It all happens next weekend on Saturday and Sunday 15th. and 16th. August and we have been pleasantly surprised how much attention its getting from the national media. Its great to hear ukulele music being featured on mainstream radio!

Have a quick look at this YouTube vid featuring some of the artists taking part in the festival: UK's Steven Sproat, Uke Box (US & Holland), The Ukuhooley Ladies (Spain & Ireland), Wininboy (Belgium) and the redoubtable "Shake O'KuHooley"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqDCDksOyrw

Thanks Pippin.
Its shaping up well (fingers crossed!) and the artists coming are really lovely people and there is a great team of local ukulele players putting it together.

The following Sunday, the 23rd August, Charlie is holding the "official" Ukulele Birthday Party as the "four stringed wonder" is 130 yrs old. I am looking forward to that as well. Two uke gigs in Ireland within a week....Bliss!
Tony

Where does it take place? Wish I could be there.

I usually come to Ireland at least once a year, but looks like I may have to give it a miss this year due to a bit of a financial squeeze... :(

Have fun. :music:

Top Bottom