PDA

View Full Version : For those who were quick enough to Jump on Deach's For Sale thread.

petah
08-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I want to Publicly thank Deach for the great deals. I just received the Kamaka I bought from him and it exceeded my expectations. I still need to get it set up as it is a little rough around the edges for my liking but it's FREAKING AWESOME. Loud! Mellow! Sustain!
It sounds a lot better than the GF's new Kamaka Soprano. When I hit the strings it sings. I swear it has a soul!!! Comparing it to the sound of my fathers full bodied guitars (Vintage and new) I can honestly say it reminds me of my father's vintage Gibsons. With a very full sound that has a real depth. Like a fine wine to a sophisticated pallet. dissecting the sound reveals pure ear pleasure on many levels. Best sounding Uke I have played ( I played all of the K brands. )

I will do a nice review after exams and after my luthier gets to it. But I can honestly say This killed My UAS for good ( even though it's not for me I get to play it anytime I want.)

:shaka:

vahn
08-07-2009, 06:51 PM
i wanna hear from ichadwick how much he ♥s his boat paddle, but great to hear (not a big suprise u love ur kamaka pineapple though :P)

petah
08-07-2009, 07:02 PM
i wanna hear from ichadwick how much he ♥s his boat paddle, but great to hear (not a big suprise u love ur kamaka pineapple though :P)

(It's a figure 8 body)

YES,with the Paddle. I was going to mention that in my first post but I didn't know how to spell his user name. I'm sure a lot of people were kicking themselves for not cruising UU sooner that day. Although It kinda hurt that he was selling off so many... I know it was just to thin the herd and that he has some spectacular ukes. However usually when I see a sale like that someone is losing their house. It always leaves a bitter sweet taste in my mouth buying from them.

salukulady
08-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Deach is for sale? Let the bidding begin!

I bid 1 kazillion gold pieces.

UkeNinja
08-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh, I jumped on that thread already... still sore and need a cushion.

Ah, eh... yes, please share your experiences with deach's ukulele trade skillz. Don't skip on the details, either. You know, the regular:
shipping time

packaging

setup

freebies ("Hmm...? What's This For...?")

unannounced "surprises" ("Hey, What's This For?!")

funny smells ("WTF?!")

"How on earth did the finish get worn in such an odd spot??? ...Oh....MY...." :wtf:

Just the regular, you know :rotfl:

Post quick because he is barbequeing(sp?) as we speak. Sorry for the disturbance folks, just blowing off some steam here :nana:

petah
08-07-2009, 09:52 PM
well...

there were some cobwebs in the body... and what looks to be potato chip crumbs... but I'm not 100%

cocohonk
08-08-2009, 12:04 AM
:D

I just got Deach's eleuke this morning, and I've been playing and fiddling around with it all afternoon. It's pretty great so far, other than the potato chip crumbs. :D