Is anybody know what is the different about the KARA & LANIKAI uke?

Ukeunclekenji

Reaction score
My families just bought different brand of Uke. They look very nice and good sound. Price is good also.
But I just wondering which brand is the best and good price ?
Mahalo:confused:

My families just bought different brand of Uke. They look very nice and good sound. Price is good also.
But I just wondering which brand is the best and good price ?
Mahalo:confused:

i <3 engrish. :D:D:D

Hi Kenji, welcome to UU. Do you live on Hawaii?
Look around and try the search function here with "kala lanikai" (not Kara) or "beginner ukulele" and you will find lots of info.

From the appearance of these brands, the basic models come from the same factory, but Kala is going big on innovation and new styles / materials. They are both fine budget ukulele brands, play one before you buy or get it from a trusted online dealer and you will be a happy uker in no time!

P.S. I <3 Americans trying to get rid of their accent in Japanese :D

Hi, Ninja. thank you for your post.
I heard they both made in China .Right?
But both have very good sounds.

My friend get kala ka-t, I get lu-21t. Mine sound better, cuz I play em.

Haha nah but the ones I came across are pretty much same thing.

i narrowed it down to those 2 myself--which did i choose?

it came down to the lanikai s-t and the kala ka-st.

both solid spruce top tenors, laminated mahogany back & sides and seemingly identical in most areas other than cosmetic ones (bridge difference would be considered more than just cosmetic by some).

you can read why i went with the lanikai here:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?p=187582#post187582

you can see pics of it here:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?p=187625#post187625

you can read the input and feedback i got from loads of people about my impending choice:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16570

good luck with your choice!

and that's not cool

i <3 engrish. :D:D:D

at various times in my life i have tried to learn spanish, italian, french, russian, swahili, and mandarin.

i'm sure that when i have a conversation with someone in spanish, i sound like i don't really know what i'm talking about. from mexico all the way down to panama, i have never had anyone criticize my attempts at communication.

give folks a chance to say what they want to or can say & let's go from there.

:shaka:

Japanese say ukurere, so do Tahitians. Before the Missionaries showed up to standardize the Hawaiian language for their ease of preaching many Hawaiian dialects would have also use the rolling "R" sound so also ukurere. I don't correct because to me no need. I feel the same with "Kara" though it does mean "empty" in Japanese. I knew exactly what Kenji san was talking about. :shaka:

at various times in my life i have tried to learn spanish, italian, french, russian, swahili, and mandarin.

i'm sure that when i have a conversation with someone in spanish, i sound like i don't really know what i'm talking about. from mexico all the way down to panama, i have never had anyone criticize my attempts at communication.

give folks a chance to say what they want to or can say & let's go from there.

:shaka:

Japanese say ukurere, so do Tahitians. Before the Missionaries showed up to standardize the Hawaiian language for their ease of preaching many Hawaiian dialects would have also use the rolling "R" sound so also ukurere. I don't correct because to me no need. I feel the same with "Kara" though it does mean "empty" in Japanese. I knew exactly what Kenji san was talking about. :shaka:

looking back, my comment seemed kinda mean. my bad.

Top Bottom