Stage Names

Citrus

Reaction score
Do you have a stage name? Have you heard any really good ones? Where did yours/theirs come from?
I've been thinking about making my own stage name, but I think there's already enough duplicity in what people call me. Citrus is actually what about half the people I know call me (because I used to be a citrus horticulture major, although I make up a lot of stories other than that) and the other half call me Ken or Kenny and my mom calls me Kenny Babes which makes me want to perform a lobotomy on myself with a melon baller.
The stage name I was thinking of was "The Mighty Jackalope" (I wanted something weird) mostly because I wanted something rabbit related so I could stick a bunch of these
UD0019.jpg

cool decals on everything and put it on my flyers. I was browsing decals and found this one that turned out to be a symbol for a drunken aztec rabbit god, and I just thought "awesome."
What about you?

Thats pretty cool :)

For anything musical/creative I've always gone by a variant of 'Cashew'... Most notably, Captain Cashew in my blogs.

I have no logo though.. I'm thinking of a chubby little astronaut. hehe

The name is phonetically similar to my maiden name, I've used it once and its stuck :)

Taco. :D

I already had the nickname "Uncle Taco," which my nieces all call me, but it lends itself nicely as a stage name because I play mostly harmonica, which is sometimes called a "tin taco."

I have thought about making up a logo with a harmonica with cheez and hot sauce, but I can't think of any way of doing it that wouldn't be ridiculously stoopid.

I like your jackalope idea a lot!

Whenever I perform with my friends band its just for 1 or 2 songs for a set, and he says "alright thats David Stanbery on the ukulele" or something equivalent. I suppose if I ever got anything together (really I want to be rythym strings in his band) he would introduce me as "David from [insert band name here]"

I'm trying to convince him between my eleuke and my cutaway tenor, i can do everything a rythym guitarist could do... But they can't do everything I can do :)

Twas a time in the 80s I was known as Spike Vile. I'm a nice guy and I needed contrast. I didn't play the uke then but screamed a lot. Maybe I should return to that name and bring back the spikes.
A punk geezah playing a ukulele called Spike Vile. Maybe not.

Well, if(when, I'll preform for someone someday!) I perform my username would be my stage name, thas what I had in mind when I made it. LindsayofSaturn just had a good ring to it, and I'm a little spontaneous and fun, figured my name should be weird and possibly imply I am from another planet.

I wanted something rabbit related so I could stick a bunch of these
UD0019.jpg

cool decals on everything and put it on my flyers.

Definately need to use a one word stage name, Cheaper to get it printed on T shirts. These are taken:

Ashanti
Beck
Brandy
Cassie
Charo
Cher
Ciara
Enya
Falco
Feist
Fergie
Gabrielle
Iman
Jem
Jewel
Jojo
Krystal
Liberace
Madonna
Moby
Monica
Nena
Opra
Pink
Prince
Rihanna
Seal
Selena
Shakira
Sinbad
Sting
Tamia
Tiffany
Usher

Did you know Liberace had 38 Pianos, thats more pianos than ukes I own, I never heard of PAS.

Jackalope is already taken by a canadian metal band =p

Uncle Honu :shaka: The last time I was on a stage it was a Wells Fargo.

This might help:

182479_10151153982039202_9875574201_13173632_477054904_n.jpg

Well, I don't have a stage name (Ragin' Asian, perhaps?) but a few friends and I made a "band" at school and we're Ukes of Hazard. Does that count?

Strummy McChord. (No, actually I don't have a stage name.)

Last edited:
Well, I don't have a stage name (Ragin' Asian, perhaps?) but a few friends and I made a "band" at school and we're Ukes of Hazard. Does that count?
it's already gone brother...there's a quirky duo out of New Zealand called the Ukes of Hazard...he he

Don't have a stage name because I don't play on stage. If I did it would probably be picked by the audience and would be 'getoffstage' or 'stopatonce'.

My favourite stage name in current use by a musician is 'Shamus O'Blivion and the Megadeath Morrismen'.

Top Bottom