PDA

View Full Version : tablature questions

itgoesbwaaah
08-08-2009, 06:20 AM
hi all,

the names tony. new uke player here. been toyin around with a few websites. i tried to make my own tab sheets that i can print out and take along with me when i go from a to b. this is my first one. can you all take a look at it and tell me if im missing anything, if i need to take anything out or add anything. any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. thank you in advance

itgoesbwaaah
08-08-2009, 06:23 AM
DROP BABY DROP
A-0---0-----------0-----0---2𦌼----0---0---
E-0-----0-------0----4------------------4---------2- intro
C-1-----------1---------------------------------------
G-2-------2-------------------------------------------

A----2---2P-------0--
E---------------4------ do this 3 times then back to intro
C-----------------------
G----------------------

A-------------2---0-----
E2---0------------4- x1 then intro again
C----------2------------
G-----------------------

A2H3---2-------2--
E---------------0-------
C------------------------
G------------------------
CHORDS: A, C#M7, BM7 E7 in a D DU UD strum pattern. (alternate strum is D scratch U UD)

dnewton2
08-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Aldrine did a lesson on Drop baby drop a while back. He did the opening picking a little different. A memeber, Poi Dog, typed it out. You can see the tab in this thread. (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6763&highlight=%27drop+baby+drop%27) 9th post.

Without playing what you posted i cannot comment. But you can compare what was taught to what you created.

itgoesbwaaah
08-08-2009, 07:01 AM
i pretty much wrote out this tab from a video lesson taught by jody kamisato. this is my first one so i was just asking for opinions. i get most of my practice in while im at work so i cant view aldrine's awesome videos.

Kanaka916
08-08-2009, 09:52 AM
You can also check out TSH (http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?pid=songlist&sc=tb) and compare yours to what they have.

LazyRiver
08-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I find it helpful to add measure separators. Just use | where appropriate. It's also helpful for someone other than yourself (you're already familiar with what you're representing) to include the note values. That's hard to do in typewriter style. I made myself some 4-line sheets (landscape seems to work better for me) using PowerPoint and blue lines. Then I just fill in the tabs by hand. If I need to share them I scan and print.