PDA

View Full Version : Any TV Shows you're completely obsessed with right now?

Plainsong
04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Rant and rave about them here! What show do you count the hours until the next episode? Does its artistry make you weap with joy or did it completely jump the shark? I want to know! :)

I think a peak at my avatar avatar says what I'm wrapped up in, (the new of course) Battlestar Galactica. It's everything good SciFi should be, and it has a nice spiritual twist to it that a lot of SciFi just doesn't have, too afraid to go there. It's simply the best damn show on television that no one's watching. So say we all.

Can't stand SciFi? Think there was a big shark in the corridors that Adama jumped over? Well what show makes you do this face? :eek:

deach
04-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Dexter, Weeds, Californication - I don't know why

Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen - I was a chef for 10 years

Top Gear - funny guys, I love cars and British humor

The Ultimate Fighter - my other hobby...

Ukulele_Junkie
04-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Fighter and How I met your mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluesuke
04-09-2008, 04:22 PM
I hate to admit it but survivor and family guy:o

jello
04-09-2008, 04:24 PM
How I Met Your Mother :p

davoomac
04-09-2008, 04:49 PM
I dont know if i'm completely obsessed with these but here are the shows that I MUST watch ^_^

30 Rock
Chuck
Carpoolers
Hells Kitchen
Mythbusters
Heroes
Lost
The office

Dino
04-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Mee too.....not really obsessed, but I have to watch these:

CSI
CSI Miami
CSI NY
Ghost Whisperer
Numbers
House

FunkyPeaNutZ
04-09-2008, 06:17 PM
No Reservations
Bizarre Foods
Modern Marvels
South Park
NFL Network

UKESTAR
04-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Lost

Ultimate Fighter

Weezy
04-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Flight of the Conchords
Mythbusters
The Universe
Entourage
Weaponology

seeso
04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
The only shows that I HAVE to watch are Lost and Battlestar Galactica. I'm with you, Plainsong. BSG is a great show. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. I liked the season premiere, it was awesome. I don't have cable though, so I have to watch them the next day. I download the torrents. Sneaky.

Ukulele_Junkie
04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
:D torrents are the best haha

tad
04-09-2008, 11:57 PM
The only shows that I HAVE to watch are Lost and Battlestar Galactica. I'm with you, Plainsong. BSG is a great show. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. I liked the season premiere, it was awesome. I don't have cable though, so I have to watch them the next day. I download the torrents. Sneaky.

They have it on Hulu.com, too, full free episodes, commercial free.

I'm obsessive about BSG.
I'm also pretty big on Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother.

I liked Heroes, but I'm afraid it jumped the shark.
Studio 60 was AWESOME, but it got canned.

Oh, and Simpsons and Family Guy, though they're not as good as they used to be.

dafamcallsmebj
04-10-2008, 12:03 AM
How I Met Your Mother :p

deng i thought my family and i were the only ones obsessed with how i met your mother...
theres that show and:

the big bang theory
two and a half men
criminal minds
shark
csi Las vegas
greys anatomy
heroes

i loves comedies and detective shows for somme reason...
but greys anatomy is just random!!!
hahaha

davoomac
04-10-2008, 12:28 AM
whats that 'how i met your mother' show about? and how about the universe?

all my shows haven't had anything new on in along time so i haven't watched anything good lately.

Yeah i download torrents too. its like the poor man's Tivo.

dafamcallsmebj
04-10-2008, 03:02 PM
whats that 'how i met your mother' show about? and how about the universe?

all my shows haven't had anything new on in along time so i haven't watched anything good lately.

Yeah i download torrents too. its like the poor man's Tivo.

how i met your mother and the big bang theory are both shows on cbs monday nights....

you can watch full episodes on cbs.com i think...

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Dexter, Weeds, Californication - I don't know why

Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen - I was a chef for 10 years

Top Gear - funny guys, I love cars and British humor

The Ultimate Fighter - my other hobby...

Top Gear! "How hard could it be??" :D

I have a tad bit of a crush on one of them, and it's not the obvious one. Yeah, I'm a gurl.

A lot of my favs are on this list, like 30 Rock, and Mythbusters, Family Guy - I can't wait for "Something Something Something Dark Side." Blue Harvest was a classic, I thought. We have to wait for the DVDs, Family Guy is sporadic here. I have to give shouts out to the original version of The Office, and of course Little Britain and League of Gentlemen, and this British sitcom called Spaced that is just great.

Next BSG episode is called 6 of 1. Hmm, Ron going back to his Trek roots with that title? :D I have to download the torrents because the webcasts are for US IP addresses only. They won't even show season 3 here. But we also buy the dvds so that's ok.

"It's in the frakking ship!"

Vroom
04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
not really any... all i watch right now nhl playoffs and nba.

Poi Dog
04-10-2008, 08:57 PM
LOST & Pushing Daisies are the only ones I watch religiously! LOL

http://imthi.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/lost-televison-show.png

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1069/1478025236_1a8ef1fdff.jpg

Dino
04-10-2008, 09:10 PM

My wife is into the new series. I'm an old futty duddy....I'm partial to the original BSG series.

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, Apollo from the old series is in the new series, and this time he plays a more interesting character. In fact, he's on my short list of contestants for who's the final cylon.

Then we have a British dude playing Apollo, and we have Adama's real life son playing one of the viper pilots, so it's all nice and cozy on Galactica. ;)

BrianB
04-11-2008, 03:24 AM
PSYCH! I love that show. Also Weeds, Mythbusters, Cash Cab, and House.

seeso
04-11-2008, 04:07 AM
I'm also a big Joss Whedon nerd. I loved Firefly and Buffy. Wow. I am a nerd.

tad
04-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Next BSG episode is called 6 of 1. Hmm, Ron going back to his Trek roots with that title? :D I have to download the torrents because the webcasts are for US IP addresses only. They won't even show season 3 here. But we also buy the dvds so that's ok.

Or it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

And we know four of the final five, is there some relevance to six with regard to that?

If you're that big a nerd, I have to say that Joss Whedon has taken over as writer of one of my favorite comics-- if you haven't checked out "Runaways," you ought to. It's a great comic.

seeso
04-11-2008, 08:27 AM
If you're that big a nerd, I have to say that Joss Whedon has taken over as writer of one of my favorite comics-- if you haven't checked out "Runaways," you ought to. It's a great comic.

Dude, I own every issue of Runaways. It pisses me off that they can't release them in a timely fashion, though.

I actually preferred Bryan K. Vaughan's run more than Whedon's. Alas, we won't have any more Vaughan-written Marvel titles. He's only doing creator-owned projects and Lost episodes from now on... :(

tad
04-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Dude, I own every issue of Runaways. It pisses me off that they can't release them in a timely fashion, though.

I actually preferred Bryan K. Vaughan's run more than Whedon's.

I agree with everything you say in this post. Although I just buy the little manga-style collections, 'cause I get pissy going to the comic shop every few weeks to see if it's finally come out. (Between compilations I just find scans online...)

Glad to know someone else enjoys the series. I don't think it gets the credit it's due. I haven't read a superhero series regularly since around the time Image launched. I'm more of a black-and-white indie comics nerd. But Runaways is a GREAT series.

(I've actually enjoyed some of the newer Power Pack stuff, too. The series about kids are just less likely to get into the stupid Crisis on Bazillions of Earth, everyone's actually a Skrull shit.)

seeso
04-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm more of a black-and-white indie comics nerd. But Runaways is a GREAT series.

Then tell me you're reading "The Walking Dead." If you're not, run out and buy all the trades now. You'll thank me for it later. :D

(I've actually enjoyed some of the newer Power Pack stuff, too. The series about kids are just less likely to get into the stupid Crisis on Bazillions of Earth, everyone's actually a Skrull shit.)

Dude, I can't stand DC, but I must admit I am a Marvel zombie. I like the Skrull shit! :D Bendis can get a bit self-indulgent, but I have a good feeling about Secret Invasion.

...And this thread has been officially hijacked.

seth
04-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Heroes..

End of discussion.

:D

Aldrine Guerrero
04-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Heroes..

End of discussion.

I second this

Orlando
04-11-2008, 04:03 PM
The Office! Its sooooooo nice to finally have them back!

Poi Dog
04-11-2008, 05:05 PM

http://www.appscout.com/images/firefly.jpg

Firefly!! Now that was a great show! I wish they never canceled it! Well - at least there's supposed to be a slight possibility of a "Serenity II"! I hope that happens - but it's just gonna be kinda weird without "Wash" flyin'! :(

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/58780201_731ebae678.jpg

Plainsong
04-11-2008, 05:57 PM
My husband makes Windows Mobile themes, and one pay-for skin suite he's got is called SciFi. It's got two themes in it, one is a generic scifi-ish theme, and the other he call Jcars (because his online name is Juni, and it's not lcars, it's jcars....Trek fans will get it), which is the best damn star trek theme ever.

But if there's any one theme whose look is very clear to add, it's Firefly. Sure he'd love to do a BSG theme but there's no one cohesive look that leaps out at him the way it does for Firefly.

Shiny!

la_ingrit
04-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Well I'm so into Greys Anatomy (and i can't watch it before I go to bed...'cause i start dreaming hospital stuff lol)

And HEROES!!!!!!!

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-21-2008, 04:14 PM
world poker tour.. yes its sad, i know ahah

david98116
04-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Battlestar Gallactica...

la_ingrit
04-22-2008, 03:52 AM
world poker tour.. yes its sad, i know ahah

iT'S NOT SAD.....IT'S COOL!!!!!!!! I WATCH IT TOO WITH ZERO REGRETS!!! LOL...!!!!!!

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-22-2008, 03:56 AM
hahaha lol

but i stay up to lie 1am just to watch it.. some times on school nights.

i love playing it though, play it at my friends all the time when his parents have parties lol.. go to his house (even when hes not there ) and play poker with all these drunk people :D

Everybody puts 30 in.. winner takes all :) i should put the money i win away towards an ukulele, won 3 times now

this 16 year old plays poker a lot, ever heard of partypoker?? i had 112mil on that lol - but give it to my friend because he eeps getting cleaned

rklicsu
04-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Rob and Big

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii104/residentofhicktown3/robandbig_281x211.jpg

... this show is always amusing.

Episodes are available on line:
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/rob_and_big/videos-full-episodes.jhtml

Be sure to check out the Turtle racing.

SniperX876
04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I don't know why, but I can't watch MTV or VH1 anymore, but I have to count the hours down untill Cartoon Network turns into Adult Swim.

The Shows I watch the most now are.....

Harvey Birdman (Hanna Barberra meets rediculos plots)

Metalcoalypse (Nothing Is More Metal Than A Lobster Screaching and Turning Red In A Pot Of Boiling Water!)

Home Movies (Reminds me of back in the day...only more thought provoking)

Family Guy (Hehhhehehehehehehehehehe)

The Boondocks (Cuz I loved the Comic Strip, plus its hilarious!)

dafamcallsmebj
04-24-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't know why, but I can't watch MTV or VH1 anymore, but I have to count the hours down untill Cartoon Network turns into Adult Swim.

The Boondocks (Cuz I loved the Comic Strip, plus its hilarious!)

o man... i thought i was the only one who watched or read the boondock!!!
good stuff!!

UkuCouS
04-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Skins ! (the english one)

Plainsong
04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Family Guy (Hehhhehehehehehehehehehe)

You shouldn't laugh at that, cuz it's not funny.... (hehhhehehehehehehehehehe)

We have to wait for the DVDs here. We got hooked on it during a trip back to the US. :(

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-25-2008, 08:37 PM
robot chicken ^^

Kateri
04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
The First 48. It's that crime show in A&E where they follow homicide cops from different city's and see how their case develops over the first 48 hours, cuz those are the most critical hours of an investigation. LOVE that show.

cMejilla
04-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Aside from watching seasons of Doug, I'm almost through Friends right now. I'm about 8 years late on TV. :(

Kaneohe til the end
04-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Aside from watching seasons of Doug, I'm almost through Friends right now. I'm about 8 years late on TV. :(

woah, dude friends is ancient, im suprised they didnt do any spinoffs

tamisue
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
I know your gonna Boo these but here they go...

American Idol (now you gotta admit..Jason Castro was awesome with the uke with "Somewhere over the Rainbow"
Greys Anatomy
Boston Legal- goofy I know, but you can't help but laugh, there is some comedy there.
Heroes...I can't wait until it comes back on again:)

Plainsong
04-26-2008, 11:22 PM
I like Star Trek: Boston Legal. The only difference is that Wil Wheaton should play Donny Crane. There's a whole backstory as to why that would be full of win. ;)

And what with the huge starfleet delta inked on my arm, I should give a shout out to Star Trek.

Kateri
04-27-2008, 01:23 PM

Doug on dvd? I'm going to have to buy that.

davoomac
04-27-2008, 02:34 PM

Is that Doug as in the cartoon? as in skeeter *honk honk*, porkchop and patty mayo? Man I loved that show lol

Kateri
04-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Is that Doug as in the cartoon? as in skeeter *honk honk*, porkchop and patty mayo? Man I loved that show lol

I'm assuming it's that Doug. Man, that's my childhood right there. I think I'll go make a ringtone of the opening song now. If anyone wants it, PM me. :D

cMejilla
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM

haha. yeah it's on dvd. i never knew there were 8 seasons of it up until my friend gave it to me. :eek:

pinchmips
05-01-2008, 05:44 AM
scrubs
scrubs
scrubs
scrubs

although season 7 has been weak...

Kateri
05-01-2008, 01:20 PM
haha. yeah it's on dvd. i never knew there were 8 seasons of it up until my friend gave it to me. :eek:

Does that include the "new" Doug episodes, after Disney took over?

ELEVATED THOUGHT
05-01-2008, 09:13 PM
The Ultimate Fighter, Top Chef, House, The Shield, Law & Order: SVU, American Idol..

cMejilla
05-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Does that include the "new" Doug episodes, after Disney took over?

I'm pretty sure these are just all of the original nickelodeon episodes. With all of the original ukulele music bits and humming sound bytes. :)