Ufc 101

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Only worth buying for 2 fights but man those 2 fights delivered.

1. Anderson Silva. Only person ever in MMA to beat top 5 fighters in 3 weight classes. He started his career as a welterweight and beat Hayato "Mach" Sakurai when he was considered one of the best WW at the time. Next he moved up to Middleweight and destroyed Rich Franklin, and now he beat a former Light Heavyweight Champ.

Not only did he beat him, he beat him worse than any other fighter in any weight class has beat him and the fadeaway jab that ended it, a freaking jab. just ridiculous. Anderson Sliva is P4P king of MMA.

2. BJ Penn coming off a loss to one of the best fighters in the world at WW in GSP needed this win. Since he entered the scene he was viewed as a world beater but there was debate now whether or not he was just an example of someone who was just good for his era and not the legend everyone has always made him out to be. He beat a very game Kenny Florian. I'm not sure if that was enough to cement his legacy as one of the best of all time, but it doesn't hurt.

Your thoughts?

Only worth buying for 2 fights but man those 2 fights delivered.

1. Anderson Silva. Only person ever in MMA to beat top 5 fighters in 3 weight classes. He started his career as a welterweight and beat Hayato "Mach" Sakurai when he was considered one of the best WW at the time. Next he moved up to Middleweight and destroyed Rich Franklin, and now he beat a former Light Heavyweight Champ.

Not only did he beat him, he beat him worse than any other fighter in any weight class has beat him and the fadeaway jab that ended it, a freaking jab. just ridiculous. Anderson Sliva is P4P king of MMA.

2. BJ Penn coming off a loss to one of the best fighters in the world at WW in GSP needed this win. Since he entered the scene he was viewed as a world beater but there was debate now whether or not he was just an example of someone who was just good for his era and not the legend everyone has always made him out to be. He beat a very game Kenny Florian. I'm not sure if that was enough to cement his legacy as one of the best of all time, but it doesn't hurt.

Your thoughts?

BJ looked pretty fresh in the 3rd and 4th. not as fresh as florian, but alot better than his previous fights.

damn, that small, half ass jab being enough to ko griffin was pretty amazing. i felt pretty bad for griffin, he looked pretty devastated. that said, itll be intresting to see him come back. and im sure he will.

I was surprised at how outmatched griffen was. I figured silva was going to win that match but not toy with griffen like he did.

It's really scary how good Anderson's striking is. If he could gain 20 pounds, take on a top LHW, and rock him with a BACKPEDALLING JAB, that's just about the most ridiculous display of ability I've ever seen. I think Forrest has done that in the past (running out of the cage after a loss). He's an emotional kinda guy and while he plays up the "i'm not that good" persona quite well, I'm sure he was pretty devastated that he didn't put up a better fight against Anderson. He was probably embarassed.

Also, that last filler fight with Sotiropoulos? That dude was rolling CIRCLES around George Roop. Sick Kimura, as well.

The fight was over the first time Forrest got knocked down. Silva had the chance to end it but let him up so he could humiliate him for awhile.

BJ is a hall of famer or legend or whatever you would call it for MMA. He is definantly one of the best all time. So is GSP though.

Top Bottom