PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite American Idol contestant

Dino
04-09-2008, 05:29 PM
I think the next bottom 3 are going to be Syesha, Brooke and Carly. I think the last time Simon told a contestant she may be in trouble was Amanda and on cut day she was gone.

Ame
04-10-2008, 06:07 AM
I'm so done with this show. Kristy Lee Cook needs to go. She needed to go a LONG time again, definitely before Ramiele.

I'll probably go into detail with my opinion on each contestant later. It could get long and mean. haha

dnewton2
04-10-2008, 06:12 AM
What's American Idol?

seeso
04-10-2008, 08:29 AM
I have to go with Brooke White. I'm a sucker for Carly Simon types.

My favorite of this season was Amanda Overmyer, and she's gone. My next favorite was Chikezie Eze, and he's gone too. After him, I like Brooke White and Ramiele Malubay about equally. Ramiele's gone now.

I must not have my finger on the pulse of America, because it seems like Brooke's going to go soon.

rayan
04-10-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm not really partial to any of the contestants but obviously David Archuleta is going to win.

Simon must have had those cartoon $ $ eyes when he heard him sing. Cha-Ching!

That kid will go gold instantly.

seeso
04-10-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm not really partial to any of the contestants but obviously David Archuleta is going to win.

Gold? I don't know about all that. Archuleta strikes me as the kind of contestant who could win Idol, but wouldn't be able to sell records in the real world.

David Cook, on the other hand, will be a million seller even if he doesn't win, a la Chris Daughtry.

rayan
04-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Gold? I don't know about all that. Archuleta strikes me as the kind of contestant who could win Idol, but wouldn't be able to sell records in the real world.

David Cook, on the other hand, will be a million seller even if he doesn't win, a la Chris Daughtry.

He's the boy version of Miley Cyrus. He'll go gold.

seeso
04-10-2008, 09:19 AM
He's the boy version of Miley Cyrus. He'll go gold.

You willing to make a friendly wager on that?

NukeDOC
04-10-2008, 09:36 AM
ive got my money on the jabbawockeez

Ukulele_Junkie
04-10-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm betting on that filipino guy with the thick frame glasses and the mohawk, err wait i think thats hell's kitchen.
i vote jason cuz he's got blonde dreads. haha

tori8984
04-10-2008, 03:04 PM
So brooke and jason need to bust out with a song and really sell it. Hopefully they will let these guys sing some material from this century, perhaps something that they have heard more than once and will be able to put their own spin on.

Dino
04-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm so done with this show. Kristy Lee Cook needs to go. She needed to go a LONG time again, definitely before Ramiele.

I'll probably go into detail with my opinion on each contestant later. It could get long and mean. haha

I'm with you....Kristy needs to go. Ramiele was better. I'm kind of tired of Carly myself.

dafamcallsmebj
04-10-2008, 05:46 PM
soooo... im going to vote for jason from now on... only because he played a uke!!hahaha
to bad he had to play the most cliche song in ukulele history...

kinda curious... what kind of uke was he playing...

UKESTAR
04-10-2008, 06:33 PM
soooo... im going to vote for jason from now on... only because he played a uke!!hahaha
to bad he had to play the most cliche song in ukulele history...

kinda curious... what kind of uke was he playing...

Not sure, but it looked a lot like my Oscar Schmidt concert....

Vroom
04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
michael johns is really good, he could sneak up and win it... but yea I definitely think david cook has an awesome shot at it, he just needs to choose better songs. not our lady peace. dont get me wrong, i love Innocent. It's just not the song for him. at all. he murdered it.

Ame
04-10-2008, 06:46 PM
michael johns is really good, he could sneak up and win it... but yea I definitely think david cook has an awesome shot at it, he just needs to choose better songs. not our lady peace. dont get me wrong, i love Innocent. It's just not the song for him. at all. he murdered it.

Too bad Michael is gone. haha I love when AI screws up. geez. I seriously stopped watching after Ramiele got cut and it wasnt because she's Filipino, but because she is waaaay better than Kristy Lee Cook. I think Vote for the worst is voting for her. damn them.

Dino
04-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Too bad Michael is gone. haha I love when AI screws up. geez. I seriously stopped watching after Ramiele got cut and it wasnt because she's Filipino, but because she is waaaay better than Kristy Lee Cook. I think Vote for the worst is voting for her. damn them.

What??????? Michael is gone?????? Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....not like being in Hawaii many hours behind Mainland US. Oh geez. He's a pretty good singer. I am supprised.

Dino
04-10-2008, 08:42 PM

Well, David did win star search at age 12, so he does have a chance.

Ame
04-10-2008, 09:17 PM
What??????? Michael is gone?????? Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....not like being in Hawaii many hours behind Mainland US. Oh geez. He's a pretty good singer. I am supprised.

Oh dang my bad, wow. I should lable things "SPOILER" or something. sorry. ><;;

Well, David did win star search at age 12, so he does have a chance.

That's why I hold a grudge against him haha He beat Mark Mejia. He was soo good and Im biased for Filipinos haha , but I admit David was better.. xP

Vroom
04-10-2008, 09:26 PM

wow, thats totally retarded. I'm really upset. I didn't check tonight, but i figured they would have voted kisty lee off or someone. michael? seriouisly? what the hell. he may not win it... but kisty should NOT be on there right now.

Ame
04-10-2008, 09:41 PM
So, I think I'm ready to give my evaluation of how I saw AI7 top 10

First of all there's waay too many David's this season. haha

David H. Good singer, crooked nose, bad rep. I dont think he should have went home first.. He was a better singer than others.
Chikezie: I never liked him actually. He doesn't have the look, his voice was soulful and such, but it's not my cup of tea, and he performed pretty good towards the end of his stay.
Amanda: I loved her voice, unique, but not really? haha Though haven't heard a voice like that in the past seasons. She was the token rocker chick this season. I quickly got tired of her though since all of the songs she sang pretty much sounded the same and I could barely understand her. I can see her selling records though.
Ramiele Malubay: One of my favorites because I admit, I am biased for the Filipinos. She wow'd me at her audition and first performance, but she slowly faded after that. She never chose the right songs and never really gave it her all. Her cutesy act WAS cute, but people hated it. haha I thought she was adorable. I always have to say it, She shouldn't have gone before Kristy Lee Cook.
Michael Johns: Hot accent, no doubt haha Good singer, but can't reach some of those high notes and strains his voice. I know I can't sing, but I've heard enough Idol auditions to know what straining your voice sounds like haha He has good showmanship and was a hit with the ladies. He shouldn't have gone before Kristy Lee Cook either. T.T;;
Kristy Lee F'ING Cook: I swear. she annoyed me from the very beginning. She sang her audition song to save her from going home in hell week. Stupid "Hopelessly Devoted".. the way I see her, she's just 'Hopeless.' I'm so sick of these country girls. Sorry. There was already a country winner, so I'm done with Country and SHE NEEDS TO GO, but stupid 'Vote for the Worst' is keeping her in there as they did with Sanjaya last year. T.T;;
Brooke White: She was one of my favorite girls, though I think she needs to eat something, ANYTHING. She's too thin and it scares me. I love that she can play the guitar and piano. She has a great voice and so innocent. Good Role Model type. I like her.
Carly: I hate her. I'm sorry. At first I liked her and felt bad because of her dealy the previous year,but she had her chance and made a record that didn't do too hot. What makes people think they'll buy her stuff now if they didnt before? She's way overrated and I'm done with her. She always acts surprised too when she isn't eliminated. Annoying much?
David A.: Another one I'm just done with. Yes, he can sing, yes he's only 17, yes he won star search. He's not special anymore I guess. I watched him on Star Search haha, he's good. I can see him being a hit in the kiddy pop-jonas-brothers-miley-cyrus genre haha Bleh.. He'll be top 3 no doubt.
Jason: I already complained about him in another thread. He's NOTHING special. He has no personality and I hate that people like his charm (or rather lack of..). His voice is not strong enough. He's good but not GREAT. He has dreads, woopee. He can play the guitar and the uke, woopee. It's a SINGING COMP. seriously. I dont know how he got this far. He hasn't wow'd me since the very beginning. No wonder they give him any air time during auditions and hell week. What's there to show? (dang, that was mean, sorry to Jason fans.)
David C.: He'll be top 3 no doubt. I don't like him, but I know he's very talented. He has good showmanship, good vocals, he's just really good all around. I dont really have a complaint about him. I just prefer Chris Daughtry over him. haha Oh and he has a huge forehead, my mom commented haha
Syesha: She's aiight. the end. haha no but really She's pretty good, but not good enough to win. She doesn't stand out, well not to me at least and I don't know. I dont have much to say about her.

Well yea, see it's semi long, no? Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but I doubt a lot of you are as die hard AI fans as me haha So, yea that's what It think about the contestants and I totally miss Danny Noriega. He SHOULD NOT have gone home. He would have made Idol a blast to watch. I swear that boy, is hilarious. If Ramiele and him were on the show together, I would have loved this season forever, but sadly this season died. Best talent of all seasons my ass. I really thought it was, but It's the same every year. Some good some bad, and little singing prodigies. haha

</end AI7 rant>

studentaccount1
04-10-2008, 11:00 PM
..... I totally miss Danny Noriega. He SHOULD NOT have gone home.....

but then again....

...It's a SINGING COMP....

The only thing I really know about the show is that someone covered a Leonard Cohen (via Jeff Buckley) song and people vote them off immediately.

That restores my faith in humanity (just a bit).

Ame
04-11-2008, 07:17 AM
but then again....

The only thing I really know about the show is that someone covered a Leonard Cohen (via Jeff Buckley) song and people vote them off immediately.

That restores my faith in humanity (just a bit).

Danny is a good singer, Top 12 worthy at least. I preferred him over Chikezie or Jason Castro. At least Danny has personality and voice.

seeso
04-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Chikezie should have stuck with that mutant country/funk vibe he had going on. That was hot.

russ_buss
04-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Danny is a good singer, Top 12 worthy at least. I preferred him over Chikezie or Jason Castro. At least Danny has personality and voice.

danny was a good singer. and he had enough sass to make this season watchable. was bummed to see him go. the rest of the remaining contestants lack personality. but i'm rooting for brooke white because she has that carole king vibe.

russ_buss
04-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Chikezie should have stuck with that mutant country/funk vibe he had going on. That was hot.

haha, that's a good way of describing his style. i couldn't quite place it.

seeso
04-11-2008, 08:48 AM
danny was a good singer. and he had enough sass to make this season watchable. was bummed to see him go. the rest of the remaining contestants lack personality. but i'm rooting for brooke white because she has that carole king vibe.

Mmm... Carole King... ;)

haha, that's a good way of describing his style. i couldn't quite place it.

Ha ha, yeah, dude. It was like Chet Atkins meets James Brown.

davoomac
04-11-2008, 09:03 AM
ive got my money on the jabbawockeez

bahaha! awesome

I put my vote on Brooke White. She's my favorite contestant right now.

I liked chikezie but he was voted off. I'm thinking that David Archuleta might win the whole show though.

tori8984
04-12-2008, 02:13 AM
When Brooke White and Jason Castro sing their songs, it is just like listening to the original recording. This show should not be karoke contest. So I think that they will not win because they are boring.
Sorry to say that Americans would rather see a piece of tail dance around (like Jessica Simpson or Milli Vanilli) than to see someone with real talent who can sing.

russ_buss
04-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Sorry to say that Americans would rather see a piece of tail dance around (like Jessica Simpson or Milli Vanilli) than to see someone with real talent who can sing.

sad but true. but is also the case in many other countries. eye candy sells records. sex sells even more.

my gripe is too many entertainers trying to be triple threats. they should just stick to what they're really good at so we can really appreciate them. but the world keeps turning...

seeso
04-12-2008, 08:36 AM
When Brooke White and Jason Castro sing their songs, it is just like listening to the original recording. This show should not be karoke contest. So I think that they will not win because they are boring.

I don't disagree with you. In fairness however, I think we'd be saying something different about Brooke and Jason if they were allowed to sing original songs. I've heard Brooke's originals and they're quite good. I know Jason writes, but I haven't heard any yet.

It takes a certain talent to be able to reinterpret a song that you've heard a million times. Not everyone can do it. They have to know how to arrange a song.

Of course, if they had played original tunes, we also may be saying that Brooke's a Carole King clone and Jason's a Jack Johnson clone. Meh. I don't know.

tori8984
04-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I wish that the format of the show would allow for some original material to be presented. It would change my mind about who I thought had more talent.

UkuleleHill
04-14-2008, 07:23 AM
I don't disagree with you. In fairness however, I think we'd be saying something different about Brooke and Jason if they were allowed to sing original songs. I've heard Brooke's originals and they're quite good. I know Jason writes, but I haven't heard any yet.

It takes a certain talent to be able to reinterpret a song that you've heard a million times. Not everyone can do it. They have to know how to arrange a song.

Of course, if they had played original tunes, we also may be saying that Brooke's a Carole King clone and Jason's a Jack Johnson clone. Meh. I don't know.

Yeah I totally see what you are saying Seeso... I haven't heard any of Brookes where did you hear them?

seeso
04-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah I totally see what you are saying Seeso... I haven't heard any of Brookes where did you hear them?

"Free"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDtI4WClcg

"Say Goodbye"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOEiz111c9c

There's a bunch more here:
http://www.brookeinsider.com/videos.html

russ_buss
04-14-2008, 08:58 AM
wow, did you see that video of her singing "so far away" at 16yo?

i hope she wins.

UkuleleHill
04-14-2008, 09:27 AM
"Free"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDtI4WClcg

"Say Goodbye"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOEiz111c9c

There's a bunch more here:
http://www.brookeinsider.com/videos.html

Cool thanks!

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-15-2008, 04:08 AM
That David guy will win in my opinion but my favourite is Jason Castro because he freestyles his guitar and "over the rainbow" - it was the best version i have ever heard!!! i would like him to make a single for that one song... cant stop listenig to it!

davoomac
04-15-2008, 11:54 AM
That David guy will win in my opinion but my favourite is Jason Castro because he freestyles his guitar and "over the rainbow" - it was the best version i have ever heard!!! i would like him to make a single for that one song... cant stop listenig to it!

what the..? best version you ever heard? you should have a listen to the original ukulele version of that song:
IZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL-uL2M3xvM)

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-15-2008, 08:24 PM
u seriously think i haven't heard Iz sing it himself?? I meant other than Iz - but i have heard iz sing it about 1000 (literally) and Jason sings it heaps well

davoomac
04-16-2008, 01:31 AM
u seriously think i haven't heard Iz sing it himself?? I meant other than Iz - but i have heard iz sing it about 1000 (literally) and Jason sings it heaps well

well unless a statement is obviously sarcastic, I tend to take statements made on the internet at face value. :rolleyes:

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-16-2008, 02:53 AM
well unless a statement is obviously sarcastic, I tend to take statements made on the internet at face value. :rolleyes:

you made A link to show that your statement was sarcASTIc??

You confusion ^^
But ok lol - i agree with you, IZ does sing it better - i just like this guys version thats all

lets leave it there bro :cool: