Anyone use an amp for home use?

ricdoug suggested a VOX DA5 amp for me. You can plug it in or use batteries. I think it's excellent and I don't need anything fancier.

I like to use it at home to hear how bad I sound. Really! It helps me hear how the intonation sounds and helps me get my fingerings spot on. Plus it's just fun.

I second the Vox DA5. My favorite thing about it, and the reason I would choose it over a Microcube, is that you can open it up and put the adaptor inside of it. It also has a handy mic in, which allows you to sing and play at the same time. But I own both the Microcube and DA5, and could easily reccomend both of them. The Microcube wins in portability, because it is lighter, and it is much easier to work with AA rechargable batteries than AA rechargables plus 6 C-cell adaptors.

Both are great amps. If you need a little more power, any of the Roland Cube amps, like the 30 or 60, are also great. I love my cube 30, and it is the amp I play out of most. It is just loud enough for the bedroom, and maybe for a small venue.

Top Bottom