If I were to perform, what song would you like to hear?

Guting

Reaction score
API Smash 08 @ SFSTATE APR 28

My friend hooked me up with a spot in the filipino club talent show @ sfstate, im not sure what I should play. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
if you're just gonna bust instrumental, I'd say any of your song vid's you have up would be cool. Start with a song most everyone there would notice..like waiting in vain, or is this love, any of those Jake covers would be good too. What other songs do you have in the bank that you play?

I'd have to think about this one, but you know what....I have to give you total props when it comes to your Bob Marley "is this love" video. Fricken awesome job.....even if you was rip. hahahaha

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=o4WBdd_qAkI

** ponder the thought ** is gutings fingers actually that long like Dracula or is it just the angle of the camera.....hmmmmmmm

idk I went all freaky on that one, look like spider legs, not normal HAHA!

Just play whatever you're most comfortable with. If this is your first show, don't worry too much about what you think the audience wants to hear. Just do what you feel best doing.

nah ive played many times before, in hawaii. first time in frisco, yeah just wanted to hear what would YOU guys would like to hear if you were in the crowd.

If I were in the crowd, I'd want to see you rip something we've seen before that impressed us, and something off the map.. If we can see whatever, why not see something new?

anything

everything you play is pretty much amazing and makes me jealous so just have fun with it i guess

nah ive played many times before, in hawaii. first time in frisco, yeah just wanted to hear what would YOU guys would like to hear if you were in the crowd.

In that case dude, you gotta play "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." It'll bring the house down.

How many songs are you allowed to play?

they are giving 30 minutes. THIRTY MINUTES!!! too long I said 15.

they are giving 30 minutes. THIRTY MINUTES!!! too long I said 15.

Dang, dude. 30 minutes? Just play a really loooooooooong version of "Weeps."

HA!

You could fit at least 5-6 songs in that amount of time. Are you going to sing? If not, I suggest that you find someone to sing with you for at least two tunes, preferably a chick singer.

I would do something like:

1. Crosscurrent
  2. Is This Love/Waiting in Vain
  3. Close To You (instrumental first, then bring out the chick to sing with you)
  4. Turn Your Lights Down Low (with the chick singer)
  5. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (instrumental)

HAHA MEAN!!!!!

im gonna add in a touch/shirley t medley in there

and here there everywhere possibly

Rise......converted from Mando to uke by Eddie Vedder. Check it out.

Top Bottom