My new Makapili uke

AnnaUK

Reaction score
My new uke arrived on Friday morning :D
A Makapili concert pineapple from Italy - solid hinoki top and acacia sides and back.

It's a birthday gift from my old dear :worship:
When she asked what I wanted for my birthday on Saturday, I smiled sweetly and said that I'd seen a uke on the Marketplace here. I'm SO spoiled, I know.

So here it is:
Makapili 01.jpg Makapili 04.jpg Makapili 02.jpg Makapili 03.jpg
(No idea how to post these photos big, like in Ahnko Honu's thread, sorry. If anyone can enlighten me, please do!)

I'm really pleased with it. (Videos and a review are on the way, when I've played it some more.)

I took it to a uke meet last night and they were mighty impressed, and really liked the sound of it. It's very pretty, but more than that, it also sounds great, which is the more important thing. The side sound port is interesting and caused lots of discussion. I like it - it's nice and loud to the player. The uke is bright and could compete with the tenors and round-back concerts, so I'm really pleased.

Thank you to Thomas, who built it. I hope this has cured my UAS... at least for a little while.

Wow, what a beautiful uke! Have a blast with it! It has re-ignited my UAS!

A Makapili concert pineapple from Italy - solid hinoki top and acacia sides and back.

When she asked what I wanted for my birthday on Saturday, I smiled sweetly and said that I'd seen a uke on the Marketplace here. I'm SO spoiled, I know.

So here it is:
View attachment 2331 View attachment 2332 View attachment 2333 View attachment 2334
(No idea how to post these photos big, like in Ahnko Honu's thread, sorry. If anyone can enlighten me, please do!)

I'm really pleased with it. (Videos and a review are on the way, when I've played it some more.)

I took it to a uke meet last night and they were mighty impressed, and really liked the sound of it. It's very pretty, but more than that, it also sounds great, which is the more important thing. The side sound port is interesting and caused lots of discussion. I like it - it's nice and loud to the player. The uke is bright and could compete with the tenors and round-back concerts, so I'm really pleased.

Thank you to Thomas, who built it. I hope this has cured my UAS... at least for a little while.

I don't usually like pineapples - but that one is FANTASTIC! I love the kind of lute-shaped body. NICE!

So here it is:
View attachment 2331 View attachment 2332 View attachment 2333 View attachment 2334

Absolutely gorgeous...Wowie...Zowie...!!!...:D

Very nice, congrats! I love the headstock.

Congratulations Anna! This is such awesome news, so happy to see you get it, such a great home. I'd like to get a Makapili pineapple eventually but my budget expired with my $25 "Skylark". :rolleyes:

Now you can join the "Pineapple Patch"! :)

But is it already the 15th? Is the box already open?

Er... :eek:
Would you believe me if I said the box opened itself??
No? OK, well you see, I got a bit over-enthusiastic and opened it early. Ooops. :p

Top Bottom