Must read kanilea disappointment

cruzer75

Reaction score
This is really upsetting! Due to one of our fellow U.U. Members that decided to be selfish and impatient I regretfully say that I cannot get anybody a discount anymore until further notice. That person called Kanile’a and asked for my discount. Although, I should of mentioned not to do so and let me take care of it in one of my threads but if that person would of just had some patience everyone could have had an enormous 40% percent of on any kind of ukulele including customs. The reason why it was taking me so long was because I was compromising with kanile’a to try to get the most % off. I am sorry to say but until further notice the deal is off. YOU AND I BOTH KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I hope you are happy and your impatience caused this many people to lose out on a great price on a great instrument. You are lucky I have class and I don’t put you on the spot.:mad:

i hope you're telling the truth and not just stringing everyone along the whole time.

Yes, here's a busy company, so let me call and harrass them. They should give me discount stuff because I am me. I heard something on an internet forum, now give me cheap stuff. That is so childish and selfish and self-centered and I'd like to see that @sshat banned.

Who the frak thought Kanile'a had nothing better to do than to babysit each of us? I don't blame them for refusing to do so.

This is really upsetting! Due to one of our fellow U.U. Members that decided to be selfish and impatient I regretfully say that I cannot get anybody a discount anymore until further notice. That person called Kanile’a and asked for my discount. Although, I should of mentioned not to do so and let me take care of it in one of my threads but if that person would of just had some patience everyone could have had an enormous 40% percent of on any kind of ukulele including customs. The reason why it was taking me so long was because I was compromising with kanile’a to try to get the most % off. I am sorry to say but until further notice the deal is off. YOU AND I BOTH KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I hope you are happy and your impatience caused this many people to lose out on a great price on a great instrument. You are lucky I have class and I don’t put you on the spot.:mad:

You were asking 40% off :eek:Thats insane, there is no way they would have done that in a million years. I think the materials on the k1/k2's run more then 40% of the total instrument cost. So add in labor and they would be giving them away.

I really had some doubts when you said that you had even gotten open slots because I had to wait to get a single build slot and you were pulling then out like candy then you said we could do customs. Heck a major dealer would have trouble pulling a deal like this together.

I have a feeling that we were being scammed, and someone called the factory to see what was up and you got called out. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
But what would be the point of that and how could the scam be pulled off? It's tough to pull a scam on a forum these days, and let's assume he was going to run off with our money. Then the police would be interested to know. So no, a scam doesn't make sense.

I suppose that's always possible, but it wouldn't be the brightest candle who tried that. I'll have to assume the story is true until there's evidence otherwise. Kanile'as are already reasonably priced, we'll survive.

Hey, come on guys, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He probably was trying to get us all a discount. 10-40% no matter what it was, it still would've helped. Only cruzer75, and the impatient uu member know the real story. Oh well, I'll still be waiting to see the outcome.

edit: i changed the name. it ibcruzn is brandon. cruzer75 is tim. hehe dont wanna get the wrong people caught up in something they had no part of. - nuke

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is, I suspect I know who it is. I haven't even been here that long but there's one who sticks out as a suspect.

I've gotta assume this was a valid offer because anything else doesn't make sense.

Extend my apologies to Kanile'a for the trouble we caused.

You guys need to stop doubting cruzer75. He had the class not to call out the member in question, let's have the class not to call cruzer75's integrity into question on a public forum. If you have beef with him, send him a PM.

no one knows what has been going on behind closed doors. so speculation is just speculation. all we can do is take what has been written for face value.

tim put the offer out to us. and that was it. an opportunity. he never said "what you guys need to do is give me the money up front and ill take care of the rest". that would be a red flag. so i can understand where people would be weary about this... but there is no proof, and no one here knows what kind of dialogue he has with kanile'a.

on the other hand... how well do we know tim right? i know him. i dont know him well. but ive met him in person. but would anyone here trust me more than him? why would you? then again, why should you? i may be a moderator, but other than that and a few videos most know nothing about my past.

on the other hand... if this offer was legit, damn that sucks huh?

on the other hand... if this was all just about pulling our chains... that sucks too huh?

all we know is there was an offer on the table. we knew nothing yet, as it was never written in stone. so why at that point did someone feel the need to call him out on it? on the other hand (hahaha)... did someone really call him out on it?

this thread is like a bad game of CLUE. btw, the butler did it.

i say just let it go, guys. who knows. tim might be a very active future member of UU and all of a sudden everyone thinks he's a great guy. then we all think back to this day and remember how he could have gotten us hooked up. then again, he might never show himself around these parts again and all kinds of judgment is passed. is that how our community works?

im laughing as im writing this all out. because there wasnt even enough info yet to call it a scam, yet is everyone jumping to tim's aid because he could have potentially hooked it up, or because he's a new member that deserves a little benefit of the doubt right now since no one knows him well before casting stones?

the butler did it.

dang, I was hoping to get a new uke!

Of course Tim should stick around UU.

But ya know, discussion forums are serious internet business. ;)

Everyone can still get a uke, and one good thing from this thread is that I started researching Kanile'a. It just means we have to earn a few extra pennies.

the butler did it. And he would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you darn kids....off comes the mask...sorry for the scooby doo ending.

Nuke, thanks for the edit. my bad to ibcruzn for the mix up.

BTW I already do have a kanilea, and would want another. They are the ish!!! I want to help jumpstart our country's economy by buying more ukes!!!

wow this sucks, I was really looking forward to geting a uke from them. If you are still in the market though, I went to a local dealer and he was happy to offer 10 or 20% off their ukes. All you gotta do is ask! Until I hear them offering a special price, I will just haggle a local dealer. :D

What would Kanilea say if we asked if they know Tim? Tim DOES have a video where he has a really nice Kanilea custom with slotted headstock in it...so he HAS dealt with them before. That would clear things up pretty fast I assume... It would be a real shame if he was trying to help us out and now everyone is frustrated with him.... Who knows?

Last edited:
My 2 cents on this, if it happened, it would have been a nice deal. Now it's a dead issue. Let it go and move on. Or more appropiate in da 808 style; if can, can, if no can, no can.

ok the only reason i did that was because i wanted to see who would turn there back on me. Everyone was extemely fake and being nice to me cause of my benefits so there are a few selected ones thanks guys.

ok the only reason i did that was because i wanted to see who would turn there back on me. Everyone was extemely fake and being nice to me cause of my benefits so there are a few selected ones thanks guys.

haha gotta love the drama. who needs tv?

Top Bottom