PDA

View Full Version : Must read kanilea disappointment

cruzer75
04-09-2008, 08:58 PM
This is really upsetting! Due to one of our fellow U.U. Members that decided to be selfish and impatient I regretfully say that I cannot get anybody a discount anymore until further notice. That person called Kanile’a and asked for my discount. Although, I should of mentioned not to do so and let me take care of it in one of my threads but if that person would of just had some patience everyone could have had an enormous 40% percent of on any kind of ukulele including customs. The reason why it was taking me so long was because I was compromising with kanile’a to try to get the most % off. I am sorry to say but until further notice the deal is off. YOU AND I BOTH KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I hope you are happy and your impatience caused this many people to lose out on a great price on a great instrument. You are lucky I have class and I don’t put you on the spot.:mad:

elemenohpee
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
i hope you're telling the truth and not just stringing everyone along the whole time.

dakine2009
04-09-2008, 10:19 PM
i hope you're telling the truth and not just stringing everyone along the whole time.

save the drama fo yo mama!

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 03:53 AM
Yes, here's a busy company, so let me call and harrass them. They should give me discount stuff because I am me. I heard something on an internet forum, now give me cheap stuff. That is so childish and selfish and self-centered and I'd like to see that @sshat banned.

Who the frak thought Kanile'a had nothing better to do than to babysit each of us? I don't blame them for refusing to do so.

wearymicrobe
04-10-2008, 04:50 AM
This is really upsetting! Due to one of our fellow U.U. Members that decided to be selfish and impatient I regretfully say that I cannot get anybody a discount anymore until further notice. That person called Kanile’a and asked for my discount. Although, I should of mentioned not to do so and let me take care of it in one of my threads but if that person would of just had some patience everyone could have had an enormous 40% percent of on any kind of ukulele including customs. The reason why it was taking me so long was because I was compromising with kanile’a to try to get the most % off. I am sorry to say but until further notice the deal is off. YOU AND I BOTH KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I hope you are happy and your impatience caused this many people to lose out on a great price on a great instrument. You are lucky I have class and I don’t put you on the spot.:mad:

You were asking 40% off :eek:Thats insane, there is no way they would have done that in a million years. I think the materials on the k1/k2's run more then 40% of the total instrument cost. So add in labor and they would be giving them away.

I really had some doubts when you said that you had even gotten open slots because I had to wait to get a single build slot and you were pulling then out like candy then you said we could do customs. Heck a major dealer would have trouble pulling a deal like this together.

I have a feeling that we were being scammed, and someone called the factory to see what was up and you got called out. Just my opinion.

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 06:30 AM
But what would be the point of that and how could the scam be pulled off? It's tough to pull a scam on a forum these days, and let's assume he was going to run off with our money. Then the police would be interested to know. So no, a scam doesn't make sense.

I suppose that's always possible, but it wouldn't be the brightest candle who tried that. I'll have to assume the story is true until there's evidence otherwise. Kanile'as are already reasonably priced, we'll survive.

FunkyPeaNutZ
04-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Hey, come on guys, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He probably was trying to get us all a discount. 10-40% no matter what it was, it still would've helped. Only cruzer75, and the impatient uu member know the real story. Oh well, I'll still be waiting to see the outcome.

edit: i changed the name. it ibcruzn is brandon. cruzer75 is tim. hehe dont wanna get the wrong people caught up in something they had no part of. - nuke

russ_buss
04-10-2008, 06:52 AM
wow that sucks. can't believe we were that close to a nice discount and then somebody had to ruin it. way to go, whoever you are.:mad:

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 07:02 AM
The sad thing is, I suspect I know who it is. I haven't even been here that long but there's one who sticks out as a suspect.

I've gotta assume this was a valid offer because anything else doesn't make sense.

Extend my apologies to Kanile'a for the trouble we caused.

seeso
04-10-2008, 07:18 AM
You guys need to stop doubting cruzer75. He had the class not to call out the member in question, let's have the class not to call cruzer75's integrity into question on a public forum. If you have beef with him, send him a PM.

NukeDOC
04-10-2008, 07:48 AM
no one knows what has been going on behind closed doors. so speculation is just speculation. all we can do is take what has been written for face value.

tim put the offer out to us. and that was it. an opportunity. he never said "what you guys need to do is give me the money up front and ill take care of the rest". that would be a red flag. so i can understand where people would be weary about this... but there is no proof, and no one here knows what kind of dialogue he has with kanile'a.

on the other hand... how well do we know tim right? i know him. i dont know him well. but ive met him in person. but would anyone here trust me more than him? why would you? then again, why should you? i may be a moderator, but other than that and a few videos most know nothing about my past.

on the other hand... if this offer was legit, damn that sucks huh?

on the other hand... if this was all just about pulling our chains... that sucks too huh?

all we know is there was an offer on the table. we knew nothing yet, as it was never written in stone. so why at that point did someone feel the need to call him out on it? on the other hand (hahaha)... did someone really call him out on it?

this thread is like a bad game of CLUE. btw, the butler did it.

i say just let it go, guys. who knows. tim might be a very active future member of UU and all of a sudden everyone thinks he's a great guy. then we all think back to this day and remember how he could have gotten us hooked up. then again, he might never show himself around these parts again and all kinds of judgment is passed. is that how our community works?

im laughing as im writing this all out. because there wasnt even enough info yet to call it a scam, yet is everyone jumping to tim's aid because he could have potentially hooked it up, or because he's a new member that deserves a little benefit of the doubt right now since no one knows him well before casting stones?

the butler did it.

dnewton2
04-10-2008, 08:02 AM
the butler did it.

I knew there was something fishy about that guy. I mean who is a butler anymore?

hotnanas
04-10-2008, 08:08 AM
dang, I was hoping to get a new uke!

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Of course Tim should stick around UU.

But ya know, discussion forums are serious internet business. ;)

Everyone can still get a uke, and one good thing from this thread is that I started researching Kanile'a. It just means we have to earn a few extra pennies.

FunkyPeaNutZ
04-10-2008, 10:13 AM
the butler did it. And he would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you darn kids....off comes the mask...sorry for the scooby doo ending.

Nuke, thanks for the edit. my bad to ibcruzn for the mix up.

BTW I already do have a kanilea, and would want another. They are the ish!!! I want to help jumpstart our country's economy by buying more ukes!!!

vcowman
04-10-2008, 01:12 PM
wow this sucks, I was really looking forward to geting a uke from them. If you are still in the market though, I went to a local dealer and he was happy to offer 10 or 20% off their ukes. All you gotta do is ask! Until I hear them offering a special price, I will just haggle a local dealer. :D

UKESTAR
04-10-2008, 01:50 PM
What would Kanilea say if we asked if they know Tim? Tim DOES have a video where he has a really nice Kanilea custom with slotted headstock in it...so he HAS dealt with them before. That would clear things up pretty fast I assume... It would be a real shame if he was trying to help us out and now everyone is frustrated with him.... Who knows?

Kanaka916
04-10-2008, 02:16 PM
My 2 cents on this, if it happened, it would have been a nice deal. Now it's a dead issue. Let it go and move on. Or more appropiate in da 808 style; if can, can, if no can, no can.

cruzer75
04-10-2008, 04:06 PM
ok the only reason i did that was because i wanted to see who would turn there back on me. Everyone was extemely fake and being nice to me cause of my benefits so there are a few selected ones thanks guys.

elemenohpee
04-10-2008, 04:18 PM
ok the only reason i did that was because i wanted to see who would turn there back on me. Everyone was extemely fake and being nice to me cause of my benefits so there are a few selected ones thanks guys.

haha gotta love the drama. who needs tv?

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Anyone who's being fake, like perhaps the guy who just replied, just put them on your ignore list. It's a feature of most forums using this software. I mean sure, anything on the net can be a scam. One of my main hangout forums which is full of seemingly nice people is a huge scam-attractor.

That scenario just doesn't make sense though and no one has come forward with a reason why they would feel that way. In fact, I've read posts from all of two people who have been less than friendly, and two is not an entire forum. ;)

elemenohpee
04-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Anyone who's being fake, like perhaps the guy who just replied, just put them on your ignore list. It's a feature of most forums using this software. I mean sure, anything on the net can be a scam. One of my main hangout forums which is full of seemingly nice people is a huge scam-attractor.

That scenario just doesn't make sense though and no one has come forward with a reason why they would feel that way. In fact, I've read posts from all of two people who have been less than friendly, and two is not an entire forum. ;)

Oh please. I'm being fake for questioning the way he went about this deal? He's the one who made the initial thread offering the deal to anyone. His communication regarding the timetable has been fuzzy at best; and he also hadn't responded to my PM.

All I asked for was a little more honesty. I would've preferred him saying that he could only get the deal for some people on the UU board now, instead of making up a story to "weed out" the people being "fake" to him.

FunkyPeaNutZ
04-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Come on elemehnopee and plainsong, let's be cool about things, and keep our forum positive. The finger pointing isn't cool. Maybe we can get seeso, nuke or one of the other guys to post a kumbaya vid or something, LoL.

NukeDOC
04-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Come on elemehnopee and plainsong, let's be cool about things, and keep our forum positive. The finger pointing isn't cool. Maybe we can get seeso, nuke or one of the other guys to post a kumbaya vid or something, LoL.
ill need at least 4 more beers for that :p

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I was just pointing out to the OP that it wasn't the entire forum coming down on him. It doesn't matter to me if someone's really steamed under the collar. It didn't have anything to do with me.

My only take on it is that no one can be accused of anything unless there is more evidence than just being ticked off about it.

edit - changed was to wasn't - kinda changes the whole meaning of the sentence. Typos FTW!

cruzer75
04-10-2008, 06:58 PM
well when people demand for things and have a lack of respect towards other people then i was left with no other decision. i never intended for this to happen and i could of hooked up everyone but like i said that incident about the phone call. But what ever you can not please everyone.

cruzer75
04-10-2008, 07:01 PM
and also because i was not responding is because i was out of town at my G ma's who does not have internet; sorry i have a life. I just got back two days ago and you can ask most the guys who PM me i responded. so dont be jealous cause your made cause you have to pay retail now.

elemenohpee
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
and also because i was not responding is because i was out of town at my G ma's who does not have internet; sorry i have a life. I just got back two days ago and you can ask most the guys who PM me i responded. so dont be jealous cause your made cause you have to pay retail now.

lol

We still in elementary? "I'm taking my toys and going home." Grow up.

I rest my case.

seeso
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Did the phone call actually happen? You didn't just make that up, did you?

EDIT: I saw your other thread. Disregard this post.

cruzer75
04-10-2008, 07:34 PM
you are right i wish things did have to end like this.

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 07:45 PM
I understand that feelings are hurt, but there's a very safe and sane way for this to happen. I PM'd cruzer about it.

Basically, if Kanile'a was ok with it, we would send our payments to them directly, and they send the ukes directly to us. I fail to see the risk in that. And it's less stressful for cruzer as well, takes him out of the hot seat.

I don't understand the hot emotions here on either side. Certainly there is such a thing as compromise?

tribal_theory1
04-10-2008, 07:54 PM
i know tim personally and he would never string anybody along. he and i are practically family. he never had to let ANYBODY know, but he wanted to share the wealth because he is truly part of the underground. i'm really sorry that somebody stabbed you in the back tim. he stabbed all of us in the back. oh well...life goes on. whoever he was will stay bitter, but for now, let's keep jamming and try make it all better.

Plainsong
04-10-2008, 11:28 PM
This is going to sound personal, and it so isn't. I hope Tim sticks around and I hope that he proves "the haters" wrong, while at the same time knowing he doesn't have to prove anything. It's just a discussion forum. :)

So those are my personal feelings, my business sense tells me to wait on this, and here's why. Tempers are running hot on both sides, and some fairly unreasonable things said. Also, it's a lovely gesture, and everything, but it's organized as more difficult than it needs to be.

Logistical problems:

Not everyone has three-way calling although skype can solve that.
Someone else discussing your custom order while you're on a three-way call and not allowed to say anything.
And why go through all that when there's no need, if the payment and instructions are sent to Kanile'a?
Payment: Kanile'a doesn't take paypal as I understand it. Some of us in other countries cannot write checks or money orders, so what does that leave for payment options?
What's wrong with Kanile'a taking payments directly?

These kind of issues have to be ironed out, however badly I want one. Perhaps it would be better if there was one version, a UU-build that everyone who wanted in got and that was that, with payments sent direct to the company. I think that would be easier for the company.

Cruzer, I hope you're not reading this and thinking this is some kind of slam at you because it so isn't. I appreciate the thought, and maybe one day it'll happen. But these are the obstacles as I see them. They are not insults in any way, just obstacles. They can be overcome but I think everyone - us, cruzer, and Kanile'a should all just step away and be cool.

Then there's the problem of not being sure if we have Kanile'as' blessing on this. Let's not put the entire forum on the wrong side of an awesome uke company. It doesn't go far towards good community feeling.

UKESTAR
04-11-2008, 04:35 AM
This is going to sound personal, and it so isn't. I hope Tim sticks around and I hope that he proves "the haters" wrong, while at the same time knowing he doesn't have to prove anything. It's just a discussion forum. :)

So those are my personal feelings, my business sense tells me to wait on this, and here's why. Tempers are running hot on both sides, and some fairly unreasonable things said. Also, it's a lovely gesture, and everything, but it's organized as more difficult than it needs to be.

Logistical problems:

Not everyone has three-way calling although skype can solve that.
Someone else discussing your custom order while you're on a three-way call and not allowed to say anything.
And why go through all that when there's no need, if the payment and instructions are sent to Kanile'a?
Payment: Kanile'a doesn't take paypal as I understand it. Some of us in other countries cannot write checks or money orders, so what does that leave for payment options?
What's wrong with Kanile'a taking payments directly?

These kind of issues have to be ironed out, however badly I want one. Perhaps it would be better if there was one version, a UU-build that everyone who wanted in got and that was that, with payments sent direct to the company. I think that would be easier for the company.

Cruzer, I hope you're not reading this and thinking this is some kind of slam at you because it so isn't. I appreciate the thought, and maybe one day it'll happen. But these are the obstacles as I see them. They are not insults in any way, just obstacles. They can be overcome but I think everyone - us, cruzer, and Kanile'a should all just step away and be cool.

Then there's the problem of not being sure if we have Kanile'as' blessing on this. Let's not put the entire forum on the wrong side of an awesome uke company. It doesn't go far towards good community feeling.

Kanilea is a BUSINESS. If someone called and did whatever....who cares. Ultimately, Kanilea can make their own financial/business decisions. Kanilea is good at what they do. They are not idiots. They are not going to judge UU with over 1000 member simply based on 2 individuals calling them. That would be silly..

I am sure Kanilea sees the UU as a huge business opportunity. How could they not. We all love the uke and many of us "suffer" from UAS. I am sure that Kanilea is MUCH more concerned about staying on OUR side simply based on business reasons. The UU presents a great business opportunity for any uke company that gets into our good graces...

Do you hear that uke companies of the world??? Impress us, the UU, with product and customer service and you will be rewarded...

Kanilea needs us much more than we need them........yep...capitalism folks. IT IS JUST BUSINESS and everything will be A-OK in my opinion. I am still interested in having Tim help us out on this and I thank him for at least attempting to get this going.

If we were to send our money "directly to Kanilea"....how could this be a scam. Maybe Kanilea is in on this scam....haha..yeh right... Kanilea seems like one of the better run companies to me right now...the Souzas handle themselves very professionally...

Peace

Plainsong
04-11-2008, 06:13 AM
I mostly agree, except to say that I don't think we're on Kanile'as' radar at all, and that they have more than enough business without bending over backwards for us. In other words, in any kind of dealings at this point, they have the upper hand.

The problem with the groupbuy at this point is that none of the concerns I've listed have been addressed, other than we somehow need 3-way calling for some reason. The crucial payment method is unclear and that would have to be worked out.

Also with cruzer talking saying things like "it didn't have to end this way" means he must be still rather upset, and it gives the group buy idea of being in the past tense.

I think it's possible to do, and I appreciate cruzer's efforts. I really do. :)

Phatzo
04-11-2008, 06:34 AM
I believe Tim, It would of been an enormous waste of time for him to create this thread reply to peoples Pm's ( I PM him and he responded back to me), and other posts. Just as a joke, and like stated before, if it was a scam adn we had to send him money it prob. would of been through paypal and they have recourse; I highly doubt he was trying to scam anyone or blow sunshine up you know where. So I say thank for trying Tim.

To the people giving him a hard time, what is your loss? Did you pay him anything? You didnt lose money, it was a deal that fell threw. Grow up, chill out, and forget about it.

Also, I believe one of the main rules on this forum is to not be a jerk.