Do old games burn out new tvs?

Just wondering.. I bought a N64 with perfect dark because I missed the good ole 64.. But I have a 1080 p 46 inch sony bravia.. And I'm not too sure if it's safe or not? Just wondering if anyone knew

1) You have nothing to worry about. You can't "burn out" your TV.

2) Isn't Perfect Dark just about the most awesome game evar? :rock:

JJ

1) You have nothing to worry about. You can't "burn out" your TV.

2) Isn't Perfect Dark just about the most awesome game evar? :rock:

JJ

Well I didn't mean literally burn it out, just like weaken the brightness I guess.. They said something like that, but thanks! And freaking yes! Perfect Dark has to be one of my favorite games of all time.. I'm just sad to hear that it sucked on the 360..

if its a plasma, the picture can burn into the screen.,

if its a plasma, the picture can burn into the screen.,

Oh yeah. Hadn't thought about plasmas. But that would be the case with any video game, old or new.

Or, for that matter, anything that has a static image on the screen in the same spot for a long time. (Having the Weather Channel on 24/7 would potentially burn-in the logo, for example.)

We had the same problem back in ye olden tymes with our CRT TVs. :eek:ld:

JJ

Oh yeah. Hadn't thought about plasmas. But that would be the case with any video game, old or new.

Or, for that matter, anything that has a static image on the screen in the same spot for a long time. (Having the Weather Channel on 24/7 would potentially burn-in the logo, for example.)

We had the same problem back in ye olden tymes with our CRT TVs. :eek:ld:

JJ

Not exatly true, plama's will burn of course. The new ones with pixel shift and a blamk white repair scanner are much much better.

LCD's can get static if left on a high brightness level with a static image for a period of time. Its a really long time.

DLP's and th elike will not burn but you will loose brightness in the bulb over time, same as a projector with a bulb. These work very well for games as the bulbs are replaceable.

Not exatly true

Sorry for not being clearer. The "anything" in my post was referring to the input to the plasma screen. That is, the burn-in on a plasma screen could potentially be caused not just by an old or new video game, but also by a wide variety of sources--cable channels, letterboxed videos, etc.

JJ

I once had space invaders go monkey on my wall-wide flatscreen TV. Heat, smoke, and I thought it was the final boss until stuff started to smell funny. Still a great game though.

Top Bottom