PDA

View Full Version : Super Cheap Uke?

LindsayOfSaturn
08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had an old beater uke they would let go for supercheap? I'm having a going away party on saturday,I'm moving away for school. And my dad and I thought it would be a cool idea if I had my friends sign/write their goodbyes on a ukulele/or kids guitar(i play both) instead of a card. So if anyone has any old beat up uke/mini guitar lying around they want to give up for cheap let me know! Thanks in advance.

Mahalo! :shaka:

sukie
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
You'd better tell us where you live. Getting a uke to you by Saturday might be a problem -- or not.

LindsayOfSaturn
08-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm in california, and I would be willing to pay for 3 day shipping or whatever.

I would be really grateful to whoever came through for me and would love for them to sign the uke as well! :shaka:

LoMa
08-10-2009, 07:41 PM
If you live in the SF Bay Area, I could supply a vintage all mahogany 1960's soprano uke for $85 - it's definitely got a certain retro cool factor about it. It's an unlabeled uke made in West Germany - looks like Bruko, but I couldn;t say for sure since there's no label. Someone refinifhed it with a gloss finish at some point in its life. Very responsive and resonant instrument with great dynamics, but intonation is only fair - not great but not terrible. Bright tone. Tuners are high quality replacements from a KoAloha uke and have amber colored knobs. Currently strung re-entrant with Aquila strings. It comes with a lightly padded gigbag.

The color is kind of a golden brown which would show off your firend's scribbles well if done in a dark colored sharpie.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll take and send you photos.

LindsayOfSaturn
08-10-2009, 09:50 PM
85 is way too much, I'm talking dirt cheap, like a throwaway...

Thankyou tho!

mrUKETOBER
08-10-2009, 10:07 PM
why dont you try a cheapo one from ebay ? i would have sold you one if i saw this 2 days ago ... i juuuuust sold 2 ukes on ebay.. but my cheap one went for 130 lol

sukie
08-11-2009, 03:59 AM
Maybe your best bet would be to go to ToysRus and get a toy uke? We have Schmidt Music here is Minnesota and they sell those cheap colored ukes for about $30. 3-day mail is expensive so just go get a cheapie locally. Just a thought.

leftovermagic84
08-11-2009, 05:14 AM
There was a thread a few days ago about a $30 uke at barnes and noble. Maybe you could try there too.

Fonzie
08-11-2009, 11:47 PM
^ I think the ones at B & N are pretty much junk according to everyone that's seen it in person.

OP have you tried the Toys r' us ones like mentioned above?
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=ukulele&origkw=ukulele&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Also, you might wanna give an actual dollar amount you have in mind so people don't have to keep guessing what you mean by cheap.

sukie
08-12-2009, 09:26 AM
The ones at ToysRus are junk too. But I think that's probably what you'd want for people to sign. I had lots of people sign my ukulele at UWC and now I have to seal it somehow to play it or I'll rub off the signatures. That was dumb of me. But it is a really special uke -- too special to make a wall hanger out of.

* what do you call it when the last word of a sentence ends in "of"? just askin'...

I Ukulista
08-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Can you buy Stagg Ukuleles in USA.

LindsayOfSaturn
08-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for all the advice, I may take a trip over to toys r us to see what they've got.

LindsayOfSaturn
08-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey guys, my party is being moved to either monday or wednesday....still looking for if anyone has a beat uke they'd like to sell or donate.

ukulele2544
08-13-2009, 09:47 PM
The cheapest uke I know is about $10.

J-Machine
08-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Most music stores should have either a mahalo or other somewhat fair beginner uke for round 30 dollars just make sure you put nice strings on.