Super Cheap Uke?

LindsayOfSaturn

Reaction score
Rohnert Park, CA. The sleepiest little suburban to
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had an old beater uke they would let go for supercheap? I'm having a going away party on saturday,I'm moving away for school. And my dad and I thought it would be a cool idea if I had my friends sign/write their goodbyes on a ukulele/or kids guitar(i play both) instead of a card. So if anyone has any old beat up uke/mini guitar lying around they want to give up for cheap let me know! Thanks in advance.

Mahalo! :shaka:

You'd better tell us where you live. Getting a uke to you by Saturday might be a problem -- or not.

If you live in the SF Bay Area, I could supply a vintage all mahogany 1960's soprano uke for $85 - it's definitely got a certain retro cool factor about it. It's an unlabeled uke made in West Germany - looks like Bruko, but I couldn;t say for sure since there's no label. Someone refinifhed it with a gloss finish at some point in its life. Very responsive and resonant instrument with great dynamics, but intonation is only fair - not great but not terrible. Bright tone. Tuners are high quality replacements from a KoAloha uke and have amber colored knobs. Currently strung re-entrant with Aquila strings. It comes with a lightly padded gigbag.

The color is kind of a golden brown which would show off your firend's scribbles well if done in a dark colored sharpie.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll take and send you photos.

Maybe your best bet would be to go to ToysRus and get a toy uke? We have Schmidt Music here is Minnesota and they sell those cheap colored ukes for about $30. 3-day mail is expensive so just go get a cheapie locally. Just a thought.

There was a thread a few days ago about a $30 uke at barnes and noble. Maybe you could try there too.

The ones at ToysRus are junk too. But I think that's probably what you'd want for people to sign. I had lots of people sign my ukulele at UWC and now I have to seal it somehow to play it or I'll rub off the signatures. That was dumb of me. But it is a really special uke -- too special to make a wall hanger out of.

* what do you call it when the last word of a sentence ends in "of"? just askin'...

Last edited:
Most music stores should have either a mahalo or other somewhat fair beginner uke for round 30 dollars just make sure you put nice strings on.

Top Bottom