First uke

Philstix

Reaction score
My son's best friend Matt came to me asking for advice on buying a uke. After looking around and checking his budget I proposed we try building one. I decided to build one also, just ahead of his and perhaps make the bigger gaffs on mine. Here are a few pics of the finished products, done just in time. In about a week Matt and his family leave for Ethiopia where his father will administrate the countries AIDS program and his Mom will work with aids orphans. That is Matt in the picture playing my Uke. His is the fiddleback mango.

Attachments

• DSCN1467.jpg
    DSCN1467.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN1473.jpg
    DSCN1473.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN1449.jpg
    DSCN1449.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1406.jpg
    DSCN1406.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN1382.jpg
    DSCN1382.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 80
Those are FIRST builds??? :eek:

I am awed - they are gorgeous.

wow i like the wood choices ! maybe you can make a tutorial on how to ? btw love the mainland binding thing goin on too

Muscle tough!

JJ

Great job! They look fantastic.

Thank you

Thank you all for the kind words. I just want to reiterate that Matt did all the work on his uke himself with the exception of spraying on the laquer, which, though I am by no means an expert, we ran out of time to risk his making a mistake. Considering that he started the project with extremely limited woodworking experience I think he did fabulously well. He will be excited to read your comments. Once again, thank you!

Wow!
Well done, they look awesome!

I want to try this at home too!
Even if it won't be a masterpiece like your builds
i think it would be a lot of fun and a good experience.

Can you tell me what kind of tools you used and what kind of plans/instructions?

Nice job wish I had done at least 2 on my first build.

Top Bottom