Where do you get your tabs from?

Citrus

Reaction score
I'm a little bit worried about this being a repeat thread, but trying to use search words in the for like "where" "tabs" and so on doesn't yield much help.
In any case, I've had a hard time finding tab sites that aren't listed here
http://nwfolk.com/uketabs.html
and although there's plenty of tabs in those links I'm kind of longing for a new site that isn't listed there for something fresh on the plate (not to mention to give me a break from writing my own tabs)
Of course if this is recent repeat I'd just like a link and for the thread to be deleted.
Of the links there the best two I think are these 2
http://home.arcor.de/crazydawg/tabs.html
and
http://dominator.ukeland.com/index2.shtml

If you're looking for uke-specific tabs, you don't have a whole lot of options. Dominator's site comes to mind, as well as ukulelehunt.com. Of course, UU's tab section is good, too.

If you just need chords, I would check ultimateguitar.com and chordie.com.

I just use guitar tabs I can usually tell by ear when one is wrong (theres a LOT of incorrect tabs out there) and I transpose stuff over myself. Playing style doesnt always translate over, and theres always the low g/high g barrier to overcome so thats what I do. It helps to learn a bit of theory. I can usually look at guitar tab and do the transposing in my head.

If you're looking for uke-specific tabs, you don't have a whole lot of options. Dominator's site comes to mind, as well as ukulelehunt.com. Of course, UU's tab section is good, too.

If you just need chords, I would check ultimateguitar.com and chordie.com.

That's what I was hoping for, once I get the money I'm gonna make a fancy schmancy websites (probably just a simple one) where people can put up their own tabs, I've already saved a few that people put up plus their names so I can PM them about it when/if the site thing ever happens. It couldn't take to much bandwidth to host a bunch of PDF's could it?
In any case, I've gone through most of the sites in the link I posted (and the one's you've mentioned) and for instrumentals I think I'm just gonna have to learn to write my own stuff for now and mooch off your brilliance whenever you're bored.
as per vahn, the whole bit of transposing the guitar tabs is something I really need to get used to, any tips?

what seeso said. lol. i just use dominators mainly. though some of them are difficult, they are top notch tabs and songs.

I often turn to www.chordie.com They have a nice feature that is on a chord page, on the right side you can change the intrument to ukulele (in C or D tuning) and it shows the chord fingering for the song for you in case there are some uncommon chords ^_^

The other site I use alot is www.ultimate-guitar.com and I look for versions with chords rather than tabs. ;)

Also.. Check out the tabs and chords at www.ukulelehunt.com Woodshed figures out loads of songs for uke and posts nice PDFs on his site ^_^

Last edited:
I've updated a compiled listing of ukulele related sites similar to the listing you provided. As seeso mentioned, tabs specific to the uke are few and far between. There are a number of very talented players worldwide and most of them hardly commit their arrangements to paper. That leaves us poor souls gasping for air in hopes of finding tablatures. Thanks goes out to people like Dom, seeso and a number of other folks (on UU) who constantly share their skills and knowledge.

Along with the above and given the lower popularity of the Ukulele than the Guitar, you're left with a lot of leeway (or rather forced to, sometimes) to either use your ear, transpose from guitar tabs, or create your own interpretations of songs.

You also tend to piece things together bit by bit from different sources too. I spent a whole afternoon trying to get the chords that I thought were right for "All My Loving" by the Beatles and later trying to find the picking part. I ended up having to use my ear to figure out the picking :D.

With the Ukulele, resourcefulness comes in handy :shaka:

ukulele-tabs.com is another site,

but... I'm a chordie person-- if you look they have a ukulele section, which is just songs people thing do well on the uke.

As will all things, ymmv.
--Nut

Top Bottom