Ukulistas

toubisard

Reaction score
That the word Ukulista (Ukulistas Pl.) be considered as a fair description of a ukulele player or ukulele enthusiast. Further that the word ukulista be favoured
internationally. Ie. Ich bin ein Ukulista or Jai suis un Ukulista, Soy Ukulista or Dwi'n Ukulista, Ja sam Ukulista, I am a Ukulista. Get the drift. Of course you do you are a Ukulista.

Do I smells another controversy regarding enunciation brewing?

I say let the spelling be as it is but the pronunciation be regional or national. One can always write UKULISTA down on the back of the hand and show it to some one in the market place. I'm sure it will be understood. n'cest pas or similar!!!

It'a hard enough to keep telling people, no it's not a small guitar, no it's not a banjo, adding Ukulista to the mix just makes things worse, I'll stick with "I play Ukulele".

It'a hard enough to keep telling people, no it's not a small guitar, no it's not a banjo, adding Ukulista to the mix just makes things worse, I'll stick with "I play Ukulele".

Yeah, me too. Besides, __ist implies intense study and dedication--all the reasons I quit being a guitarist, bassist, etc. and took up ukulele in the first place.

Y'all go 'head, but I'm just gonna be a ukulele player.

'I ukulista' Azimov

Opinion be divided. I say yes. The rest of the world says no.

I'm going to stick with ukulista. I ukulista.

So how are you going to spell it.... Ukster or Ukester because both a bit like old English villages.

I Ukulista

Muerte Toubisard

We are sad to announce publicly that Toubisard entered immortality at 7.10 pm
GMT on 12th August 2009. For months he battled with UAS and had hopes of ending his days in a tropical bar at the age of 92. His ambition was to be shot in the chest by a jealous husband, preferably a much younger man. In the end though his heart gave out in the middle of a debate. Toubisard was a great mentor to I ukulista who we understand has just joined UU and he would want all of you to welcome I ukulista as he has indeed come in from a central American rain forest and exchanged the AK47 for a rather sexy little ukulele.
Toubisards executors will sort out any purchases of Aquilla strings that he offered on this noble site. There will now follow 5 seconds of silence.

"I think it sounds kind of subversive... Like you play uke deep in the jungles of South America while fighting for the freedom of your people."

Viva El Deach! Los Ukulistas del Mundo unen!

Hey, that actually sounds like I speak Spanish!

Thanks to Toubisard I have picked up the ukulele in the midst of battle.
Viva Toubisard, Viva la ukulele revolution,
viva la Ukulele underground.
Is there a Ukulele underground flag chaps? One must always have a revolutionary flag. I like flags.

Thanks to Toubisard I have picked up the ukulele in the midst of battle.
Viva Toubisard, Viva la ukulele revolution,
viva la Ukulele underground.
Is there a Ukulele underground flag chaps? One must always have a revolutionary flag. I like flags.

Oh now that's a kick-ass idea. Must have UU flag.

How about this for our flag! (background of flowers/ukuleles)

-------------------------------------
--------U---------------------------
---------------:shaka:-----------------
---------------------------U--------

:smileybounce::smileybounce::smileybounce:​

Last edited:
Top Bottom