The $3200 Kanilea Tenor (right side)

ed531

Reaction score
I love this UKE !!! But it's $3200.

Kanilea.jpg

Lol, get it anyway...it's only about the same price as one of your PRS guitars. :p

And Kanileas are awesome.

Hey is that at the uke store at the Kalia Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki? If so, I saw the same one and drooled over it myself...

Hey is that at the uke store at the Kalia Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki? If so, I saw the same one and drooled over it myself...

Yeah that's the same store... they had a website but it shut down. So I'm not sure if the store is still there.

MGM... thanks for the offer and I may take it next year. But right now I have other plans to spend my $$$ on, like food and rent :D:D:D

MGM... thanks for the offer and I may take it next year. But right now I have other plans to spend my $$$ on, like food and rent :D:D:D

Food and rent are completely overrated :p.

Uke buying tip #286....."If you are looking to buy a ukulele that is displayed behind or in a glass case, you might want to refocus on one of the wall hangers."

It is a beautiful uke though.....

It certainly looks good, but $3200 (or $2700) is a pretty steep price though. There are several highly regarded luthiers that could deliver a custom uke with as much or more appointments (Chuck Moore & William King comes to mind) for about the same or less money. That's the way I'd go with the $3200.

It certainly looks good, but $3200 (or $2700) is a pretty steep price though. There are several highly regarded luthiers that could deliver a custom uke with as much or more appointments (Chuck Moore & William King comes to mind) for about the same or less money. That's the way I'd go with the $3200.

Listen to him. The man speaks from experience. :D

ditto! No disrespect to that beautiful Kanilea. Like you mentioned before, some of the luthiers out there are probably under charging for the work they do. I know that may be a hard concept for some to grasp, but consider ourselves fortunate to be able to buy possibly the best ukes (subjective statement) for under $3000, that's unheard for any other stringed instrument.

Top Bottom