New guitar

Bratset

Reaction score
I am looking around for a new guitar, since my current one have steel strings which realy kills my left hand when playing to long.
Therefore I am investing in a cheap nylon stringed guitar and while I was looking around I cam across this brand called CATALUNA, does anyone have any experience with that? how are they?

Your current guitar probably needs a good setup. A guitar tech can lower the action on your steel string and make it much easier to play... the best money you'll ever spend on a guitar is the setup.

You can also swap the strings for a lighter guage.

I think you can get steel strings in 3 or 4 common guages. If you go for a lighter guage you don't need as much pressure to hold them down - and you can bend them easier.

HTH, 6sc

There's more work that goes into a guitar than a uke. What you can get away with on a cheap uke gives you a really nasty guitar.

I'd stick with a "name" brand. There are plenty of them out there. Cataluna is relatively unknown. I can't even find them on the internet except for a few NZ stores (probably how you found them). I'm guessing this is because they're a low end import from some third world country.

I'd stick with Yamaha (their cheapest classical is still pretty good), or shop on eBay. I found a really good one for about $200, which was made by a small luthier shop in Spain. I upgraded the nut and saddle myself and installed better tuners and it's my favorite guitar for about half the cost of any other halfway decent model from anyone else.

Top Bottom