are pineapple ukes popular? do they have good resale value?

mikeeG7th

Reaction score
are pineapple ukes popular? do they have good resale value? does the brand matter? (i.e. kamaka) thanks!

AHNKO HONU = Pineapple king
LOL (well at least that's who I think of when you mention pineapples or honus!)

I think its a preference. Some people love pineapple.. I actually just ordered one because of ukeffects review on the Melokia one.. As far as resale value, i think it depends.. Of course a resale value of a kamaka would be better than a kala or lanakai in the near future.. but you never know in 10 - 40 years :shaka:

are pineapple ukes popular? do they have good resale value? does the brand matter? (i.e. kamaka) thanks!

Yes...yes...and yes.

That was my first thought, too. :D

I figure once he sees this thread...he'll offer actual insight to you questions.

They are not the most popular - my guess would be Tenor for that. But they are certainly well loved. MGM can probably give us an educated opinion on how well they sell in general.

But now you have me curious, why would resale value be of interest? Are you considering something specific and wondering if it will be easy to sell if you don’t like it?

I think its a preference. Some people love pineapple.. I actually just ordered one because of ukeffects review on the Melokia one.. As far as resale value, i think it depends.. Of course a resale value of a kamaka would be better than a kala or lanakai in the near future.. but you never know in 10 - 40 years :shaka:
*small hijack, sorry*
Congrats, you'll like the sound! Forgot to tell you to swap out the strings when you get it, the GHS that come on it are as noodly(to me) as limp spaghetti ! Unless of course you like that! Might try Aquilas or Worths...
*now returning to original thread*

Last edited:
They are not the most popular - my guess would be Tenor for that. But they are certainly well loved. MGM can probably give us an educated opinion on how well they sell in general.

But now you have me curious, why would resale value be of interest? Are you considering something specific and wondering if it will be easy to sell if you don’t like it?

I am interested in getting a pineapple uke but don't have the luxury to try one where I live. I would like to buy a kamaka and just in case I don't like it, then I wouldn't have a lot of hassle to sell it. I don't have a soprano yet so I'm looking for a keeper :love:.

I think it's probably more about the ukulele than it's shape.

kyoot

i juss fink dat deh r kyoot
deh r good fo a geeft baht i dont fink it is good fo sho off, bah'
unles it cost like da kine 700 dollah
den u kno it is a good wun eh?:cheers::cheers:

I think you missed some keys and hit some wrong keys.

To OP:

ukerepublic(member here) has a soprano mainland pineapple that i sampled the other night. I would have bought it if I hadn't just dropped money on a pono eight string. You should contact him.

Ahaha.. It took me a really long time to read this short post :D

"fink" is not pidgin, at least not in Hawai'i. :rolleyes:

Neither is "bah"

Last edited:
"fink" is not pidgin, at least not in Hawai'i. :rolleyes:

Ahnko no duh :) it's not pidgin. I think either the poster is trying to type pidgin or some other dialect. Its like portugese, italian, and spanish. All three are similar and sometimes one can read or undersatnd one of the three if they speak one of the three.

Well den, you are the Koa Pili Koko queen. ;):D:shaka:

Why would anyone buy a pineapple while thinking resale? :rolleyes:
If you gotta consider resale then invest in a KoAloha or Kamaka pineapple as they don't really depreciate. I LOVE pineapples as they are uniquely Hawaiian (invented by Kamaka), and I grew up with one in the house so they are THEE 'ukulele to me. To me pineapples sound deeper and richer for their size. I always encourage people to join the "Pineapple Patch"

Last edited:
OK, I guess we all gotta get at least one, den.

Somehow, the thought that the design is "uniquely Hawaiian" created
an attraction in me. I never thought of it in those terms before.

Thanks Ahnko Honu.

Top Bottom