Surfers

I have surfed but unfortunatly I live a few hours at best from the East Coast. So even if I make it out there, waves are not the greatest most times I have been.

Maybe one day I will live somwhere I can surf more.

But I know there are at least a few other surfers here. Fred Miu has this thread about a board he built, but it looks like the picture is gone.

I used to surf quite a bit before I got hit by a kook on a longboard. Three broken ribs and a seperated rib cage later I have not been in the water much since them.

Its a shame to I live like 1 mile from the ocean now.

Hey!!I'm a longboarder:) I haven't been in the water but three times(a month ago while vacationing in Hawaii) since 2003 but when i lived on Maui almost everyday. Even when no waves.

i am!......in my own mind :rolleyes:

took a lesson when i was in hawaii and was probably one of the best experiences of my life!

i surf the west coast, and hawaii when im there. i havent been out recently.

i will update with a few pictures of my board

I don't surf but I like bodybording...

bodyboarding is surfing.

i'm a weekend warrior. and i sponge mostly, cus i'm too momona now to get up past the "knee". like haolejon, i used to surf everyday, but that's part of the reason why i'm on the continent now. I love shorebreak. if anything now i fish more.

fred, we should cruise next swell. i'll show you some nice reefs in smc, with mean hollow inside sections. i'd like to see your board. my dad built me a board when i was a kid and i'm fittin' to build a paipo or alaia.

I missed my chance at being a surfing legend. My son and I were going to take a lesson early one morning when we were in Waikiki. He and his cousin decided the afternoon before they couldn't wait, so they rented boards and headed out sans lessons. They got so beat up that they didn't want to do it again. It's okay. If those two young studs couldn't hack it, I'd have probably gotten myself killed, I figure.

fred, we should cruise next swell. i'll show you some nice reefs in smc, with mean hollow inside sections. i'd like to see your board. my dad built me a board when i was a kid and i'm fittin' to build a paipo or alaia.

im down to cruise cuz. haha

anybody shortboard? i got 2 short boards i need to sell, actually 3 if anyone wants one. :)

i cant shortboard that well.

my dad used to take us out to queens when we were little. used one of those foam ones with the wooden stringer inside (perfect for running over tourists. hehehe) havent gone since freshman year in high school.

bodyboarding is surfing.

i'm a weekend warrior. and i sponge mostly, cus i'm too momona now to get up past the "knee". like haolejon, i used to surf everyday, but that's part of the reason why i'm on the continent now. I love shorebreak. if anything now i fish more.

Well it's not that...

I like to go surfing... don't know if anyone would call me a surfer though. I don't go as often as I used to and pretty much only in the summer because I hate being cold.

I like to go surfing... don't know if anyone would call me a surfer though. I don't go as often as I used to and pretty much only in the summer because I hate being cold.

aren't you in socal? lol thats not cold...

retired my old 5/3mm with hood last year for those sonoma county reefs. the new 4/3 are just as good!

Last edited:
Is it warm in the winter time? Are you in socal?

i'd love to be able to wear a 3/2mm all year. everytime i make it south it's so light weight cold. i wouldn't bareback it, but a ls short john will do. :)

as it is, my zipper busted on my rip curl 5/3 and i'm looking to get a hotline 4/3.

surfed/bodyboarded yesterday about ??? south of hmb. small wnw but it hit this nice reef/wrap around that hooked into a shorebreak. and hollowed out. if you can paddle in, because it isnt too steep so you gotta dig in... pits for days. i was using my 3/3mm and i was fine. but i couldnt feel my fingers hahaha

Top Bottom