Cigar Box ukulele Build Log

UkEdman90

Reaction score
Alright so i am going to be building two cigar box ukes some time here soon :D

here are the two boxes i have stumbled upon which hopefully will sound just great

100_3814.jpg

100_3813.jpg

more pics will come once the fingerboards come in :D

im thinking the black one will sound awesome .. it is thinner but if you brace it right it will sound great ! i have a thin cigarbox for my tenor cbu and it sounds amazing !

thats what i was thinking! now i need ideas for a soundhole! i was thinking one like a palm tree but iono!

a palm trees really uke-y but very cigar box-y... whats related to both cigars and hawaii? maybe do a potleaf and just tell people its a palm tree...

a palm trees really uke-y but very cigar box-y... whats related to both cigars and hawaii? maybe do a potleaf and just tell people its a palm tree...

:biglaugh:

nah no marry jane on my uke! lol

maybee a simple sound hole will do just fine then.....

update:

neck fretboard etc. is ready for one uke.... both are going to be soprano's ....

first uke that will be built is the square larger thicker box :D

Awesome idea to do a log of the build. I'm almost finished with my first build which is also a cigar box...put the tuning pegs in, dress the frets and get the action set up. Waiting on the last coat of laquer to dry now, so maybe I'll have pics/video sometime this weekend. I thought of posting step by step, but I'm too lazy...glad your not :D

Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Awesome idea to do a log of the build. I'm almost finished with my first build which is also a cigar box...put the tuning pegs in, dress the frets and get the action set up. Waiting on the last coat of laquer to dry now, so maybe I'll have pics/video sometime this weekend. I thought of posting step by step, but I'm too lazy...glad your not :D

Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

had a little setback. not really wanting to talk about :p

going to be building one uke tom. :D

soprano uke with larger magna cigar box :D

going tenor for the smaller thinner black cigar box with a custom neck and inlayed fretboard.... roses to be exact. seemed really kool IMO just have to get fretwire

what type of wood should i go with for the neck of the inlayed fretboard? i have alot available....

Top Bottom